SPTD UNINSTALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD UNINSTALL

I have the same problem as everyone else after installing Daemon Tools. I can not use any USB sticks anymore because of this sptd. I've tried all the methods online:
    - use the installer but there is no uninstall option anymore
    - tried safe mode (didn't get any prompt "press ESC to cancel load sptd.sys") and then tried to delete sptd key from " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD" without success. I tried assigning full control on everything even in advanced mode, but doesn't let me change the owner of the service. When I login with User(admin role) the owner of SPTD is listed Administrator user (Administrators group) but when I login with Administrator it lists User as owner. This is the method: daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html
    There is no SPTD.SYS file in system32/drivers anymore so I don't understand how is that driver service starting.

I can't belive there is no way to uninstall this driver. It gets pretty annoying and I don't really want to reinstall windows. Please tell me what is the solution to this.

Thanks

PS. I tried installing this on windows 7 then my windows started with blue screens. I had to restore it to make it work.. seems like daemon tool isn't as good as it was before. Please make it work.

Originally Posted by creatorul View Post
    I have the same problem as everyone else after installing Daemon Tools. I can not use any USB sticks anymore because of this sptd. I've tried all the methods online:
    - use the installer but there is no uninstall option anymore
    - tried safe mode (didn't get any prompt "press ESC to cancel load sptd.sys") and then tried to delete sptd key from " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD" without success. I tried assigning full control on everything even in advanced mode, but doesn't let me change the owner of the service. When I login with User(admin role) the owner of SPTD is listed Administrator user (Administrators group) but when I login with Administrator it lists User as owner. This is the method: daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html
    There is no SPTD.SYS file in system32/drivers anymore so I don't understand how is that driver service starting.

I can't belive there is no way to uninstall this driver. It gets pretty annoying and I don't really want to reinstall windows. Please tell me what is the solution to this.

Thanks
    1. Download proper SPTD installer from DuplexSecure - Downloads.
    2. Run it.
    3. Click Uninstall.
    4. Reboot your PC after uninstalling.

Originally Posted by creatorul View Post
    PS. I tried installing this on windows 7 then my windows started with blue screens. I had to restore it to make it work.. seems like daemon tool isn't as good as it was before. Please make it work.
    Please follow these articles:

Security software solutions | DAEMON Pro Help

Comment

Working...
    X