War3 TFT 1.15! ARG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War3 TFT 1.15! ARG!

I made an ISO of my origional War3 and Frozen Throne CD's without any of the protections imbeded into them. Now, when I try to run the game, it asks me to use the origional cd.

My origional CD's are scratched to the point of retardation because of the extensive use. Is there any way to emulate the CD's so my copies will work? I did some research and it states that the new 1.15 patch requires Securom 5.0.

I could get a fixed exe, but I'm a big battle.net fan and with the fixed exe, I can't get on battle.net. Any help?

Sorry, I can't edit it, so I apologize for the double post. But, the game actually detects Securom 4.8, rather then 5.0. I just thought I'd clear it up. But I still need help

Comment

You shall download BWA file which contain RMPS data and use Blindwrite to create an Image of your cd, then with both BWA file and your image you should be image to run the game with the help of DAEMON TOOLS (from the image + BWA file), or from the backup done with Blindwrite (from BWA file + image), this time with RMPS emulation selected in DAEMON TOOLS .

With keywords like bwa Frozen Throne you should be able to find a good bwa file .

I advise you to avoid definetely ISO image which doesn't contain enough information.

Olivier

Comment

Ok, I got the BWA file needed and I'm making a new image with Blindwrite as I type this, but Daemon-Tools (from what I see) has no option to select the BWA file. When I try to double click it, I get an error saying its not a valid image file.

Comment

and use Blindwrite to create an Image of your cd
          Read the whole test olease !

Olivier

Comment

I did exactly as stated. It never asked me for the BWA file.

Like I stated earlier, my origional is too scratched to make a new image file, however I can convert my ISO to a B5T file.

Comment

You shall create a Blindwrite image and rename the bwa file with the same name (except extension), if all the blindwrite files are in the same folder, I think that DAEMON will use both when you will mount your blindwrite image (not the bwa one) .

Olivier

Comment

You should try to get a replacement disc for your scratched original :wink:
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I did everything as specified, but it MIGHT not be working because I didn't get the weak sectors. Anyway to rectify this without shelling out another 40 bucks for a replacement?

I did get the proper version of Blindwrite, it's 4.5.7.92 (recommended by a friend) and I did use the BWA file, but it also MIGHT not work because I burned it to a CD-RW. I made 5 coasters already and I only got 1 blank left. I really don't wanna waste my last one on something that might not work right.

Comment

I didn't get the weak sectors
                    You should not because the cd is protected with securom 4.x not safedisc 2

it also MIGHT not work because I burned it to a CD-RW
                    -1 Play first from the image to check if everything works now.

-2 Blindwrite burning method of securom 4.x is not trustable on every cd writer / cd reader .

Olivier

Comment

I got an HP 9300 Series burner and a AOpen 2440 CD-RW drives. Which would be best?

Comment

to clarify that: if you got BW4.5.7 installed and write the disk 'with autoplay', it should not matter in the least which burner you use (At least i've never found one that fussed around with that). And if you've renamed the .bwa to match BW4's .bwt image name and put it in the same dir, it should run from image in DT. .bwa will not work with a .b5t image (in DT).

Comment

Use your Warcraft 3 ROC instead of Frozen Throne image, it works fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X