Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. (Code 39)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. (Code 39)

Hello, daemon tools pros. I've been having an issue with lite version 4.45 for a few days now and am looking for some information on what is causing it & how to resolve it.

First off, I've done my own research and found a few different threads already that seemed to apply to my issue. After following some outlined steps, they have not fixed my issues.
    These are old threads, but I thought still relevant.

I made a video to present the problems I've been having for those who don't want to read. Link below
    Daemon tools lite issues - YouTube

Basically, windows claims the drivers cannot be loaded for these drives due to some unknown issue with them, whether it's a binary or driver that isn't functioning.

They cannot be uninstalled or disabled, even after removing daemon tools from my computer. I have also uninstalled & re-installed numerous times in different ways to try and get it to work.

After deleting infcache.1 and restarting my computer, after a daemon uninstall, windows immediately found the drives again & promptly failed to install its own drivers.

I was hoping to solve the issue myself and avoid taking up someone else's time with reading and figuring out my issue, but it seems I'm not able too without some help. Thanks for whatever support you guys can give me & thanks for such a great tool that typically works great for me.

Please try this Microsoft FixIt solution & reboot: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

That's sorted the problem and everything is functioning normally for me now. Thanks, Terramex!

Comment

Working...
      X