Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot load my usb memory stick with virtual device on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot load my usb memory stick with virtual device on.

Hello,

I'm having issue with loading my memory stick with virtual device on. I uninstalled all drivers from system devices, tested the memory stick on another computer, and tested an external drive on the usb slot i plugged in. Then I found that it had something to do with daemon tool.

It didn't happen before.

When I had a virtual device on, my usb memory stick will not load, but it worked fine with my other external hard drives. The system recognized my stick(checked device manager). It did not show up in my computer. Then I went into disk partition and format. It won't load.

When i removed all my virtual drives, my stick loaded immediately when i plugged into the usb slot. I tried assigning different letter to different virtual device and stick after virtual drives were removed and stick loaded.. It wont load again after I restarted the system.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks~

1. Try to change letter of your USB memory stick.
    2. Try to change letters of virtual drives to get at least 1 free letter between your physical and virtual drives.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, but it didn't work. I tried changing the stick letter and the virtual drive letter.

As my other hard drive automatically assigned the next available letter, the stick was so as well. However, it did not load. When i unplugged it, my computer loaded the device for a split second then removed.

Interestingly, it worked when i mounted an image file onto those virtual drive. When nothing is being mounted, it fails to work again. I think that is why i didn't notice this issue until now. I always had something mounted.

System: Win 7 ultimate 64x, no sptd installed.

Comment

Please specify your DAEMON Tools version.
        Describe your actions in step-by-step format and post some screenshots which may help us to understand the problem.

Comment

1. No image is mounted

I plugged in the USB ---> see the first three picture
          Click image for larger version

Name:	no mount1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	193469Click image for larger version

Name:	nomunt2.PNG
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	193471Click image for larger version

Name:	no mount3.PNG
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	193470

2. image is mounted

I plugged in the USB --->

Name:	version.PNG
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	193472

see the fourth picture

3. Version

Name:	mount 1.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	193473

Furthermore, the usb works when all virtual devices are removed. The usb works when more than one virtual devices are added if they mounted an image.

Comment

Originally Posted by hovermet View Post
            Furthermore, the usb works when all virtual devices are removed. The usb works when more than one virtual devices are added if they mounted an image.
            Mounted image cannot affect your USB device's functionality.
            Please make some video. We are still unable to understand your problem.

Comment

Working...
            X