Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win 7 x64 IDE Adapter causes slow Flash driver mounting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 7 x64 IDE Adapter causes slow Flash driver mounting.

DT Pro Advanced 5.0.0316

When I enable the IDE Adapter and drives, all usb flash drives become very slow to be mounted by the operating system. Flash drive appears in under My Computer almost immediately with a drive letter but takes 30-40 seconds to display volume label & capacity status and actually becoming usable.

Event log shows:

EID 7011: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the LanmanServer service.
    EID 7011: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
    EID 11: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR3.

I can reproduce it 100% on a fresh windows 7 installation. Disabling the IDE adapter and/or switching to DT adapter or SCSI adapter fixes it.

In case it is relevant the motherboard is an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (X79 chipset).
    Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
    In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Additional Information: I did some more testing. If I go to the device manager and "Update Driver" on the "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" and select the default Microsoft driver again, the issue goes
    away until reboot.
    Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
    In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Working...
    X