"Reboot is required for changes to take effect."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Reboot is required for changes to take effect."

Every time I try do something, I get the bar saying "updating virtual devices", then the bar saying "mounting image", then I get a box saying "Reboot is required for changes to take effect."

I've already restarted my computer a few times, but nothing seems to have changed.

Also, I get a box saying something about a compatability check faliure with Windows XP for installation, but I click 'continue anyway'.

I looked on the site to make sure I was doing eveything right, and it looks as tough I am...

Using Windows XP and DT Lite.

Help please?

Which DT lite version exactly ?
    Is your XP system up-to-date (Service Pack) ?
    Which security software(s) are you using ?
    Last edited by Terramex; 12.04.2012, 15:04.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I have the same problem. I rebooted my computer but it still won't work, still sending me this msg
      what to do?
      help pls

Comment

oh, one more thing my XP is service pack 2, andI took deamon tools pro 5.1. or smth, I use AVAST anti virus

Comment

I'd first uninstall SPTD -if installed- , open the DAEMON Tools install dir and run the appropriate SPTDinst-x__.exe
          Reboot, if requested, then uninstall DAEMON Tools Pro.

Now for testing purposes uninstall avast.
          Have a look here how to save your current avast settings: https://support.avast.com/index.php?...articleid=1241

Reboot and reinstall DT Pro.

...I forgot, the very first thing i would do is patching the OS up-to-date
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
          X