PDA

View Full Version : Need to create an F drive

Strawbclock0
27.04.2012, 04:30
This might be an odd question so I'll try to explain as best as I can.
I'm trying to mount something and apparently there's issues with it if it's not mounted in the F drive. Unfortunately I had magicdisc installed at the time I installed daemon tools which was using an F drive so the only Drives I could create on daemon tools were U-X. I tried to disable all my magic disc drives but that didn't work and I tried uninstalling magicdisc entirely but that also doesn't seem to work. Whenever I try to create a new drive daemon tools it starts again at U.
Any help is appreciated and I'm sorry if this is confusing or unclear.
thanks

Terramex
27.04.2012, 13:53
Can you select F: in Device Parameters ? Device parameters dialog | daemon-help.com (http://daemon-help.com/en/general_use_lite/work_with_devices_lite/device_parameters_lite.html)

btw. why does it have to be F: ?

Strawbclock0
27.04.2012, 19:14
I really have no idea why but that seems to have done the trick.
thanks for the help

blingling
07.06.2012, 09:52
I'm also having this problem, I can add other drives besides F, like E and G. The device parameters just skip this one letter. Any ideas on what I could do?

Sway
07.06.2012, 10:13
Is F letter available in "Device Parameters" dialog?

blingling
07.06.2012, 10:17
Is F letter available in "Device Parameters" dialog?

No, thats where I'm confused. I did a bit of searching with no results.

Sway
07.06.2012, 11:00
Are you sure that F letter is not used by any other device or hard disk partition?

blingling
07.06.2012, 23:53
Are you sure that F letter is not used by any other device or hard disk partition?

Well, the F drive isn't showing up in My Computer, and I don't think I have my HD partitioned.

Terramex
08.06.2012, 13:31
Do you have a card reader ?

Are hidden files, folders, and drives visible in your system ?
Show hidden files (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files)

Also please check letters in Disk Management:
- Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
- Click on the System and Security link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't
see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.

- In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.
- In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
- When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage.

blingling
09.06.2012, 10:53
This worked, thanks. Turned out it was a hidden Removable F: drive. Thanks for the help.

oder2
10.06.2012, 22:06
Computer Management is directly available in context menu of "[My ]Computer" in Start Menu or on desktop, by the way.