Need to create an F drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to create an F drive

This might be an odd question so I'll try to explain as best as I can.
    I'm trying to mount something and apparently there's issues with it if it's not mounted in the F drive. Unfortunately I had magicdisc installed at the time I installed daemon tools which was using an F drive so the only Drives I could create on daemon tools were U-X. I tried to disable all my magic disc drives but that didn't work and I tried uninstalling magicdisc entirely but that also doesn't seem to work. Whenever I try to create a new drive daemon tools it starts again at U.
    Any help is appreciated and I'm sorry if this is confusing or unclear.
    thanks

Can you select F: in Device Parameters ? Device parameters dialog | daemon-help.com

btw. why does it have to be F: ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I really have no idea why but that seems to have done the trick.
      thanks for the help

Comment

I'm also having this problem, I can add other drives besides F, like E and G. The device parameters just skip this one letter. Any ideas on what I could do?

Comment

Is F letter available in "Device Parameters" dialog?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
            Is F letter available in "Device Parameters" dialog?
            No, thats where I'm confused. I did a bit of searching with no results.

Comment

Are you sure that F letter is not used by any other device or hard disk partition?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                Are you sure that F letter is not used by any other device or hard disk partition?
                Well, the F drive isn't showing up in My Computer, and I don't think I have my HD partitioned.

Comment

Do you have a card reader ?

Are hidden files, folders, and drives visible in your system ?
                  Show hidden files

Also please check letters in Disk Management:
                  - Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
                  - Click on the System and Security link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't
                  see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.

- In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.
                  - In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
                  - When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

This worked, thanks. Turned out it was a hidden Removable F: drive. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Computer Management is directly available in context menu of "[My ]Computer" in Start Menu or on desktop, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X