SPTD Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD Error

I've spent the past eight hours chugging around through various forums and tech help websites all to try to reinstall SPTD, but it just keeps giving me a System File Write Error. SPTD failed a few days ago, inexplicably, and now I'm just altogether screwed. I've tried every single thing I could find, from destroying registry entries and disabling kernels to system restores and alternate programs. So far, I'm SOL.

Alternately, I'm getting Daemon Tools Pro Driver Error 1500, though I believe that's caused by lack of SPTD.

Any suggestions folks?

We need special logs from your system:

1. Please, download "DTLogger.exe" from our server http://files.disc-soft.com/download/DTLogger.exe
    2. Run DTLogger.exe and click Install.
    3. Then select "Start Common logging" option and click RUN.
    4. Reproduce reported problem.
    5. Return to DTLogger window and click STOP.
    6. Then click Finish.
    7. Explorer window will be opened in user profile folder.
    8. Find "DAEMONToolsLog.zip" file and send this file to support-eml@disc-soft.com with the link to current thread.

Additionally please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).

Also please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
    Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
    Which filters are installed on your system ?

Finally, what's your OS/DT version ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

"System File Write Error" simply means that even sptd.sys could not be written to system32\drivers folder. So either your system is completely screwed or you have some antivirus active.

Comment

Sent the files. Should I attach them here? Can I attach them here?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, pretty sure it's legit.

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
        Device Object: _NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A ATA Device
        Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64

Comment

Originally Posted by Utaking View Post
          Sent the files. Should I attach them here? Can I attach them here?
          The Autoruns file you can attach here, but it has to be .zip - not .rar.
          Regarding the DAEMONToolsLog.zip it's enough you've mailed it to support with reference to this thread.

Originally Posted by Utaking View Post
          Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64
          As it may be also problematic please remove PxHlpa64.sys.
          Install ImgBurn 2.5.7.0. During ImgBurn setup untick the "Ask Toolbar" checkboxes.
          Run ImgBurn, open Tools dropdown menu -> Filter Driver Load Order...
          Now highlight PxHlpa64.sys and click "Remove Selected Filter", close ImgBurn, reboot.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

No, it is not necessary.
            Please wait for reply from our support team. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X