Unable to mount Bin/Cue files created with IMGBurn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to mount Bin/Cue files created with IMGBurn

Hi I'm running what I believe to be the latest version of DT Lite (4.45.0314), and I can't seem to mount Bin/Cue audio images at all. Instead, I get an error message that says "Unable to mount image. File contains no data." I will attach a cuesheet, which I know does not work. It seems like ISO 9660 data files still work.

My OS is Windows Vista Home Premuim, X64, service pack 2. Also, I am using the so-called "DT Virtual Drive", since my computer refuses to work with SPTD (IDK if that make a difference). I'm running Comodo Internet Security (with the annoying defense+ turned off), Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200@2.5ghz, 6 gigs of ram.

Update: it seems IMGBurn was creating unicode cue sheets, which DT does not like. Also, it seems IMGBurn is having problems, at least on one disk, with creating proper ISRC codes, which is also messing with DT. I will try to find out more.

Comment

Afaik nothing has changed since the LUK's statement here: CUE files should be encoded in Unicode - ImgBurn Suggestions - ImgBurn Support Forum

Which ImgBurn are you using ? Because in 2.5.6.0 that's part of the changelog:
      Fixed: Unable to save an *Ansi* format 'text' file (CUE, MD5, LOG etc.) when the file name contained Unicode characters.
      Would you please post the content of the cue with non-standard ISRC code ?
      Which drive do you use to create the images ?

P.S.: SPTD based drives won't make a difference, but if you need them for other purposes please have alook here:
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

maybe it is an "unexpected feature" of some shared code (a.k.a. cut & paste programming)

similar problem exists in Nero - no Unicode CUE, plus it chokes on semicolon comments

such CUE sheets are created by Medieval CUE Splitter (semicolon commented header and unicode file)

unfortunately modern editors and file-viewers hide the unicode/plain-text, took me forever to figure that out

Comment

I wish I could post the cuesheet right now, but I'm at work. But I remember the second character of the cuesheet being a question mark (even with the cuesheet in unicode). Changing it to anything else made the file work, however.

Also, using MS Notepad to convert to either UTF-8 or ANSI (in addition "fixing" the isrc codes) also made it work.

I'll try to upload a cuesheet later today.

Comment

Unfortunately, I deleted the image on accident just a few minutes ago. However, when I tried to recreated it with IMGBurn (using the character coding), I got normal ISRC codes. I then tried again, using my other drive (I have to actual drives), I got the same result. DT still won't mount unless I convert to ANSI or UTF-8, but I no longer need to play with ISRC.

PS: could the mods here please look at the file attachment page? There's text sitting on top of more text, and none of the buttons seem to do anything. Therefore, I'm afraid I have little choice but to upload the cuesheet on a third-party file sharing site:

Download Problematic Image.cue from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Comment

Working...
            X