How can I change the default player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I change the default player?

I have a bunch of HD .iso files and when I mount, InterVideo always comes up with my Sony Vaio as the player.

How do I change this?

Please have a look here: Change AutoPlay settings
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Please have a look here: Change AutoPlay settings

Thanks for the link

I have tried that and the only options for Auto Play for me are "WinDVD" which is Intervideo and the one I do not want and "Windows Media Player" which when I use to be default, DOES NOT come up when I mount my .iso file, the WinDVD still comes up.

Thanks again though. I just thought I would post thinking another Daemon user might have the same issue.

Comment

Also, what is playing when mounted with Daemon? Is it a Blu-Ray, is is looked at as just a DVD or video file by Windows? I need to know this to choose the proper Auto Play function.

Comment

Check in the Preferences/Options of WinDVD whether you can deselect your very file/media type.

If that doesn't work have a look at this tiny app: Removing unwanted AutoPlay Handlers in Windows XP and Windows Vista
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Check in the Preferences/Options of WinDVD whether you can deselect your very file/media type.

If that doesn't work have a look at this tiny app: Removing unwanted AutoPlay Handlers in Windows XP and Windows Vista

Great, thx Terramex

Comment

Originally Posted by fightinmick View Post
              Also, what is playing when mounted with Daemon? Is it a Blu-Ray, is is looked at as just a DVD or video file by Windows?
              It is looked at as what you made it or what source you made your images from.
              DAEMON Tools doesn't change anything, so only you can answer that question.
              Last edited by Terramex; 23.07.2012, 19:46.

Comment

It is looked at as what you made it or what source you made your images from.
                DAEMON Tools doesn't change anything, so only you can answer that question.
                So I guess an iso file is just a video file to Daemon?

Comment

No, it's either a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc to DAEMON Tools.

Did CleanHandlers properly remove your unwanted AutoPlay handler ?

Comment

No, it's either a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc to DAEMON Tools.

Did CleanHandlers properly remove your unwanted AutoPlay handler ?

Installed it and ran it but not sure how to use it, still working on that. I am trying to find Pot Player or Windows Media player for Auto Play but just canot add it.

Comment

You can only remove unwanted/orphaned entries with Clean Handlers - not add new ones.

If you remove the WinDVD ones WMP maybe gets control again.
                      What are your ISOs ? Blu-ray disc images ?

Regarding Pot Player: Preferences/Association/Autoplay

Comment

Working...
                      X