Dvd tray wont open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvd tray wont open

After installing sims 2 with my original disc i then removed the disc and mounted an expansion pack with DTL.....it installs and i unmount and remove all files. then after that my Dvd tray wont open. the only time i can get it to open is when im starting up or shutting down my pc.

the eject button doesnt work and if i click on the drive and choose eject that doent work either. this isnt the first time its happened. the only thing that ever stopped the problem was reinstalling windows xp....sigh

sticking a pin in the tiny hole doesnt help coz when i close the tray again it wont read the disks

any help?

Why do you think that DAEMON Tools is the cause? Is your problem reproducible ONLY after installing DAEMON Tools or mounting/unmounting an image?

Comment

yes, after i install daemon tools the tray is fine....the min i mount an image the tray stops working. its happened everytime i have done this on a new pc or after i have reinstalled windows. i have heard a few other pepole have this problem after mounting images also but ive never found the cure....simply uninstalling the program doesnt work....

Comment

Preferences window | daemon-help.com
        Please make sure that all options are unchecked in Advanced section.

Comment

nothing in advanced settings is checked anyway.....so now what? some guy said he had this prob but it was solved as soon as he uninstalled dtl....i have no such luck...another guy said he had this prob but renamed c drive and it worked but im not too sure hoe to go about that properly

Comment

If uninstalling DTLite does not fix the problem, DTLite does not cause it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
              If uninstalling DTLite does not fix the problem, DTLite does not cause it.
              dude..i just installed windows, sound drivers, dlt and sims 2.....dvd tay is perfect until the second i mount an image and then it dies. explain how dtl isnt the problem when its like the 5 th time...i couldnt put my finger on it before and thought all my PCs had this same mysterous problem with the dvd tray notopening. now it wS fine right up until i used the dtl program and hVe sen other people compalining of dlt doing the same to their computers.....so if ur not sure how to fix it i might suggest u look into it......thanks

Comment

I can remember a case where only the uninstallation of SPTD solved a similar problem.
                Download the installer from here, execute and choose to uninstall.

Additionally, please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
                Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
                Which filters are installed on your system ?
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                  Which filters are installed on your system ?
                  filters? sorry im not too bright when it comes to computers....ill run the programs and let you know how i go...thanks very much

Comment

Working...
                  X