X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant make any virtual devices

Hello,

I use Daemon tools lite And i DO know the max is 4 devices at once
    But i have this weird problem of me not having mounted anything not even created an device.
    But the program still says Maximum virtual devices!

If you need any more information here is some

None of my desktop icons is working after some update of windows Preferably(actually only) the browser ones..
    might this update have something to do with my daemon tools not working(not caused by but caused by daemon tools).

Specs:
    windows 7 32 bit
    intelcore i5 2300?
    4gb of ram(3,5 due 32 bit)
    Nvidia 520Gt 1 gb

Need any program wise info then inform me.

Have you already tried to uninstall & reinstall ?

If that doesn't help please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
    Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
    Which filter drivers are shown ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post

If that doesn't help please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
      Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
      Yes i tried reinstalling(notes that it couldnt delete the old version?!)
      but deleted it with revo after that and installed it again didnt work.

What the tool shows

Upper= PartMgr

Lower= PCTCore

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post

Owh and what the tool said was for my disk drive

This is what my dvd/cd device shows

Upper= GEARAspiWDM

Lower= None

Comment

Please uninstall DT&SPTD, reboot, now reinstall the GEAR drivers using this package, reboot and then right
          away uninstall the GEAR driver in Windows' Add or Remove Programs list, reboot, reinstall DT&SPTD.

I don't think your icon issue has an influence on DAEMON Tools.
          Last edited by Terramex; 08.08.2012, 12:53.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Okay tried that but still it cant find the drivers for the device
            I now have a SCSI-0 that is unvalid?
            And when i look in the windows add or remove programs list the SPTD isnt listed O.o Nor can Revo uninstaller find it>.<

Comment

Oops, looks like i've forgot the link for the GEAR driver installer:
              Driver updates - GEAR Software
              But if GEAR isn't listed anymore now in the Filter Driver Load Order you don't need to "repeat" that step.

Regarding SPTD: it gets removed using the Installer in the DT install directory, not in the Add or Remove Programs list.
              What does the Help/About... window say about the current state of SPTD ? Installed or not ?

Do the "DT" drives work atm ?
              Which security software(s) are you using ?

Comment

Okay now i got back to the You have the max amount of virtual devices(dont have 1)

I have mccafee but i checked that and gave daemon tools full acess to whatever ._.

Comment

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
                  the official support team with reference to this thread.

What does the Help/About... window say about the current state of SPTD ? Installed or not ?
                  You assured the GEAR driver isn't present anymore ?

Please try this Microsoft FixIt solution, reboot: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If the FixIt can't find/fix problems please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).

Comment

Working...
                  X