Soldner : funny joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldner : funny joke

Soldner was working perfectly until yesterday. (DTools 3.46, image built with alcohol 120%)
    A new patch (28446) has been released today. I installed the patch and when i start Soldner now, the game auto-ejects (!) all virtual drives, and thus cannot be launched. The RPMS emulation is also auto-deactivated each time i launch Soldner...

New kind of funny counter-measure ?? :o
    Does anyone have an idea ??

I also tried to uninstall D-Tools and reinstall it in a non-standard path ("C:\Program Files\mandaloe"), bus driver name ("toto") and mini-port name ("titi") but it still does not work.

Comment

thx, is confirmed by several users. We take this countermeasures
      seriously and currently working on major update

Comment

great LocutusofBorg i think to much game BL both GREAT DT and alcohol, just my little idea maybe more often update for daemon tool needed , imean not wait for 10 games BL it, if 1 or 2 does mayne a little blacklist ONLY update can hit the web fast

Comment

I used FileMon to watch Soldner at start-up.

It looks for the daemon.dll in your Windows directory to detect D-Tools. I changed it's name and hex-edited daemon.exe to accomodate for this change.

Soldner didn't recognize D-Tools anymore, but it seems there has been something changed in the SecuRom detection, as D-Tools wasn't able to fool SecuRom anymore.

Some more in-depth change and SecuROM emulation is needed it seems.

Comment

Hi,

this is only to confirm that Transport Gigant (german) (Securom Version 5.03.03) is behaving the same way.

Sloopy_DE
            Attention! - Please ignore this signature.

Comment

the new spellforce addon, has the same prob.

it althought switches all selected emulations off und ejects the image, so don*t forget to improve this offswitching, too.

thx for ur nice work

Sway

Comment

Any updates on how things are progressing on getting around this blacklisting?

Comment

Things are goin' pretty well, but due to the fact that Daemon Tools will run through a major update, it'll take some time 'till the next version will be released.
                  In the meantime remember: Next version will be released, when it's done :mrgreen:
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                  X