My Daemon Tools is really slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Daemon Tools is really slow.

I just downloaded Daemon Tools Pro Advanced Trial Version last night and trying to install GTA 4 and it still at the extracting files stage. I left it going since I went to bed 8 hours ago. Right now its about 50% finished. Theres 2 DISC and DISC 1 just finished 1 min ago. Why is my Daemon Tools running so slow?

I just bought this ASUS G73SW notebook brand new.

Originally Posted by Danxity View Post
    I just downloaded Daemon Tools Pro Advanced Trial Version last night and trying to install GTA 4 and it still at the extracting files stage. I left it going since I went to bed 8 hours ago. Right now its about 50% finished. Theres 2 DISC and DISC 1 just finished 1 min ago. Why is my Daemon Tools running so slow?
    I'm not familiar with GTA 4, but most likely it has some disc copy protection method involving a large number of physically unreadable sectors.

The game itself will just quickly test a sample of these sectors to check that they are unreadable in the proper way (so likely an original disc), but any program trying to copy all of the disc sectors will get stuck in a very long series of retries on each such unreadable sector. Even when using software able to skip sectors instead of retrying, the CDVD hardware itself can experience long delays in their first read attempt for each such sector. And in the end the copy may still fail to work, if the 'unreadability' of key sectors is not somehow included in the copy, and in a way that the game will accept...

You should check if there are some settings in the image making section of the program that can be used to cope better with the copy protection scheme on your disc. But unfortunately I can't really advise you on this, as I'm using the DTLite version myself.

I just bought this ASUS G73SW notebook brand new.
    Problems like this usually have little to do with the hardware used, but are caused mainly by an intentionally abnormal disc format, to prevent copying, which unfortunately also prevents legitimate backups.

Best regards: ra.dlanor (aka: Ronald Andersson)

Comment

Sorry Danxity -if you're still around-, seems i've missed your thread.
      I assume some security software checks all data traffic of (real and virtual) optical drives.
      And as there is some heavy decompressing while installing it might cause that extremely long amount of time.

Please cross-check if installation with your real drive starts as slow.

@ra.dlanor
      New SecuROM on DVD doesn't use physically unreadable sectors.
      There are non-standard sector densities, but that doesn't slow installation down that drastically.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
      X