Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS OEM Daemon Tool Pro - No CD-Key provided for activation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS OEM Daemon Tool Pro - No CD-Key provided for activation.

Hi there guys,

I recently bought an ASUS M5A97 motherboard for my rig and noticed it contained a copy of Daemon Tools Pro on the support CD. Upon launching said application and trying to register with a key I don't know where to find one. There is nothing in the box or anything of how to acquire a key to activate the full pro edition. I read that it automatically fills it in when you get to the dialog box for filling in a key but there is nothing there.

How?
    can I get the key for the ASUS Build
    Thanks,
    Mr. WhaleTrain

Below is a screenshot of my trouble:

Click image for larger version

Name:	daemon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	194187

Is your ASUS M5A97 motherboard installed on this computer?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      Is your ASUS M5A97 motherboard installed on this computer?
      Hi there and thanks for the reply. I am running the board in my machine as we speak. Please see below the screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	daemon2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	193498

Comment

...because as answered in your thread in the ASUS forums: FAQ | daemon-help.com
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I've read the FAQ and on question 6 of the FAQ, and I quote, "Q: I have DAEMON Tools license which I received with my ASUS motherboard. Why I cannot install latest version of DAEMON Tools?" The bold bit it what I'm trying to say, I DID NOT receive a licence at all and I want to know where can I get the key for my bundled Daemon Tools Pro?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr. WhaleTrain View Post
            I've read the FAQ and on question 6 of the FAQ, and I quote, "Q: I have DAEMON Tools license which I received with my ASUS motherboard. Why I cannot install latest version of DAEMON Tools?" The bold bit it what I'm trying to say, I DID NOT receive a licence at all and I want to know where can I get the key for my bundled Daemon Tools Pro?
            I am having the same problem. I have looked everywhere, but I can not find the key. Did it just come with a trial version? If so, it's kind of messed up for ASUS to advertise it without saying it's just the trial. I believe the older motherboards came with a key, so I'm not sure why my Sabertooth 990 fx would not.

Comment

In this thread the moderator recommends to directly contact ASUS support.

@Mr. WhaleTrain
              Just FYI: at the time i wrote post #4 your post #3 wasn't visible for me
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Been there, done that

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                In this thread the moderator recommends to directly contact ASUS support.
                I am having the same problem and did contact Asus support. After digging through a lot of details and exchanging emails the result was NOTHING. Except for pointing me to the FAQ and telling me to check my system, they did nothing at all. In the end they did not reply anymore.... so much for Asus support.

From what I have read on the web I gather that there is really no license key provided, the setup is meant to recognize your Asus board and activate silently. However, that obviously does not work in all cases. And it cannot be a BIOS issue, since I have updated at least 5 times and it still won't work... Duh!
                So maybe if someone here has a clue what may have gone wrong, that would be most helpful.
                Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Just picked up a motherboard and having the same problem. Found this on the cd with the installer
                  Seems to be 2 files that start the Daemon Installer passing information to it but it seems that there's no information to pass.
                  AsusSetup.exe
                  AsusSetup.ini

[InstallInfo]
                  InstallMethod = 0
                  PassWHQL = 1
                  PassVistaWHQL = 1
                  ;DeviceDescr =
                  ;VendorProductKey =
                  Version = 5.1.0.0336

Comment

Problem solved: No license provided

Originally Posted by amino View Post
                    Just picked up a motherboard and having the same problem. Found this on the cd with the installer
                    After posting here the other day I contacted Asus support again and got a competent answer, too - even if the info is not what I wanted to hear.

In effect, you only get a Daemon Tools Pro licence if you bought a Rampage, Maximus or Crosshair board. All others only get a demo.... The problem is they give out the same installation CD with all or some boards so you get the software always, even if it's useless. Duh!

Cheers

--snip--
                    die Deamon Tool Pro Versionen ware ausschließlich den ROG Boards (Rampage, Maximus, Crosshair) vorbehalten. Auf nicht ROG Boards wird der CD Key nicht automatisch eingefügt womit es auch nicht möglich ist Daemon Tools in einer vollwertigen Version zu verwenden.
                    --snip--

Comment

@majose
                      Thank you very much for providing that information.
                      Last edited by Terramex; 13.03.2013, 18:39.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                        @majose
                        Thank you very much for providing that information.
                        Pleasure, esp. since this issue seems to be popping up and Asus don't really help by giving out Installation CDs with what seems like a full license.

Cheers
                        Majose

Comment

Working...
                        X