Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to emulate a laserlock disk

Hello.

I am trying to create a backup image file for a laserlock-protected disk I have purchased. The disk contains a macromedia projector exe file patched with SPEEnc v2 (see EXE dump below) which requires the original disk to be in drive.

I have tried Alcohol 120, BlindWrite, CloneCD, DDump to create the image file. But when I mount the image file in DT disk authentication fails. (It starts loading but after a few seconds it fails - probably because of not matching physical signature). It has exactly the same behaviour under RMPS/SecurROM/SafeDisk/Laserlock emulation options.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Extra info:

1. The LASERLOK directory in the original disk contains a laserlok.out file (not laserlok.in as I have found in various sites)
    2. Have tested it with 2 drives - none of them supports DPM (Data Precise Measurement) analysis with or without high precision enabled.
    3. A-ray scanner and Clony XXL have detected disk as Laserlock
    4. From the main executable hex dump:
    MZ......................@......................... ......................!..L.!This program cannot be run in DOS mode....$........'~S.F...F...F...F...G...@...F.Pac ked by SPEEnc V2 Asterios Parlamentas.PE..L.....H7.................0...l.... ...........@....@.

UPDATE: Under alcohol 120, disabling Advanced Sector Scanning made things alot better. When I mounted the mds file, Laserlock started loading and the progress bar loaded up to approx. 75% then it stopped and after a few secs it stopped - disk authentication failed. Have to note that fast error skip ws on while creating the image.

Right now I am trying to create a ccd image with clonecd with subchannel data, no fast error skip and no ASS (DPM not supported), plus turned off all error corrections (software + hardware). I will report back when it is ready (it will take about 20 hours to complete I estimate, as it takes 7 secs approx. to read each "bad" sector).

Comment

Laserlock doesn't require a DPM (Data position measurement).

First make sure you are using a SCSI drive - not a DT drive.
      Then test if starting only works with the drive letter the installation was done with.
      Therefor assign your optical drive another letter in Windows disk management, then assign your virtual
      drive the now available former letter of your real one (in DAEMON Tools' Device Parameters).

If everything fails create a new image using the VOB ProtectCD (not V5) datatype in Alcohol 120%.
      Depending on your drive this might take very long.
      If it takes much too long, retry with the Laserlock datatype, but with a lower A.S.S. Jump factor (adjust it
      in Options/Data type settings).
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply.
        I have tried what you've said. Using the VOB Protect CD profile improved things a bit. The loading screen bar loads up to 80% then it stops and after a few secs it asks for the original CD-ROM. Check the image out:

I have also noticed something interesting which I would like to share with you.
        The CD-ROM has 329061 sectors. Bad sector area starts at 319481-end. Alcohol has found good sector area between 319633 and 319765 plus it recognises the 3 last sectors as good (there must be the problem). Without fast error skip it finds all sectors in the end to be good. That is incorrect. What should I do to overcome this issue? I hope that DPM is not a requirement.

Comment

SOLVED! Following your second tip, Terramex, I used the laserlock profile with ASS jump factor 8. This DID the trick!
          The image is a perfect 1:1 copy as it needs NO EMULATION! Using the VOB ProtectCD profile was needless (it took 20 hours to complete!). But Alcohol 120 has shown its power - in 3 hours it can do the job better than in 20 hours.

Thanks a lot for your excellent tips, Terramex!

Comment

Glad you got it solved

Additionally i want to mention that i didn't see your post #2 as it wasn't approved by an Admin
            at the time i wrote post #3. Would have answered a little bit different.

Laserlock and other "multiple gaps" kind of protections are sometimes a thing of hit-and-miss.
            Even when using a drive twice with identical settings.
            So my suggestion wasn't necessarily the crucial factor for success - but hey, who cares ?
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
              Glad you got it solved

Additionally i want to mention that i didn't see your post #2 as it wasn't approved by an Admin
              at the time i wrote post #3. Would have answered a little bit different.

Laserlock and other "multiple gaps" kind of protections are sometimes a thing of hit-and-miss.
              Even when using a drive twice with identical settings.
              So my suggestion wasn't necessarily the crucial factor for success - but hey, who cares ?
              Hello,

I've same problem with my disk (DVD with laserlock files), I tested all tips of Terramex, i failed,because I don't have the laserlock datatype, is it because i used a IDE drive?

Regards,

Comment

Originally Posted by mondeo View Post
                ...i failed,because I don't have the laserlock datatype, is it because i used a IDE drive?
                Drive type doesn't matter.
                Which software/version exactly are you using ?

Comment

Working...
                X