Mounted ISO Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted ISO Question

I am trying to run Diablo 2 using Daemon Tools, and I think I'm missing a step somewhere. I used the mounted ISO's to do the installs, and everything went very smoothly. Once the game plus expansion were installed, I mounted the expansion ISO to the drive, and clicked on the image to run it. It brings up the "Play Diablo II: Lord of Destruction" window. I click Play, and after about 10 seconds, it gives me the, "There is no disc, please insert the disc and click retry" message.

I have tried creating an ISO using the MDF/MDS format, MDX format, as well as the basic ISO. I have tried each of those 3 options on all 3 different types of virtual drives (DT, SCSI, and IDE), and what I explained above happens every single time regardless of the setup.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

It's not working cause you haven't selected the correct profile; it's Old SecuROM.
    Or if you want to use your current image you can activate the SecuROM emulation
    under Preferences/Advanced - should work as well.

But the best solution:
    Patch 1.12 for Diablo II removes the CD Check - just perform a full installation and apply the latest patch.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I activated the SecuRom option under Preferences -> Advanced, and something changed, but it's still not working.

Now when I click on the image and click Play, nothing happens. When I check the Task Manager, Diablo 2 seems to be running, but nothing ever appears on the screen. I finally get the "There is no disc" error message when I end the Diablo 2 process.

I'm not sure how to select/change the profile either.

Comment

Originally Posted by lloyd6770 View Post
        I'm not sure how to select/change the profile either.
        Make disc image, there under the Device tab you can choose a profile.

But why don't you simply apply the official patch which completely removes the check ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
          Make disc image, there under the Device tab you can choose a profile.

But why don't you simply apply the official patch which completely removes the check ?
          I downloaded/installed the most recent patch (1.13b I think), but I still can't run the program normally without a disc. I get the same, "Please insert the disc" message.

Comment

Working...
          X