Create usable ISO back up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create usable ISO back up.

My daughter has just ruined her second copy [physical disc] of the Sims3. I had to go buy it again. Last time I created an copy of the disc thinking I could use that b/u and save the original. I was wrong.

Today I then read that if I used Daemon tools I could.
    So I installed Daemon Tools Lite.
    But I can still not get it to work.

Was I misinformed?
    If not what and how do I use it?
    Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Thanks for your help
    -Eds

You need to create an image in MDS or MDX format - not ISO.
    Creating disc image | daemon-help.com

This will work in both DT and SCSI drive of DAEMON Tools lite.
    If required check the Automount option in Preferences so your daughter
    doesn't have to manually mount the image each time she wants to play.
    Preferences window | daemon-help.com
    Last edited by Terramex; 21.11.2012, 16:39.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

can I create that from the iso back up that I made or do i need the original?

Comment

ISO is not intended to contain copy-protection data - it only saves meaningful data visible via file system. Therefore ISO can't be used as a source. It does not contain all the information you need.
        You have to create an image from original CD with proper profile (the one that corresponds to copy protection method used in CD). Search Internet, I guess it should not be difficult to find which one exactly.

Comment

@cuetipper
          Either create a new image (that EA custom protection doesn't require special settings as long as it's MDS or MDX),
          or simply download the attached MDS file, copy it in the ISO directory, and change the ISO extension to MDF.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Terramex; 22.11.2012, 01:34.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Terramex, Thanks for the file.
            I will try that from the ISO I had made before.
            Will I still need game jackal to run it or will it run as an mdf from VCD?

Comment

Looks like you've mixed up forums, we're not in your Slysoft forum thread
              When you mount the MDS with DT lite you neither need Game Jackal nor Virtual CloneDrive.
              Virtual CloneDrive doesn't support the MDS format anyway, and if you mount the MDF it would be 1:1 the same as ISO;
              it's the small MDS descriptor file that holds the crucial information.

Just rename the extension of your existing ISO and copy my MDS in the same directory.
              Last edited by Terramex; 22.11.2012, 20:13.

Comment

Your right I got this all jumbled up.
                When you say ISO directory I assume you meant the iso file?

So I copy the file you sent into the ISO , save it and rename it to .MDS.
                Mount it with DTL and all is good?

Are there any setting in DT lite I need to set?

Comment

My MDS and your "old" ISO have to be in the same directory; then rename the the file extension of your ISO to MDF,
                  so that it looks like: Sims3.mds & Sims3.mdf, now mount the MDS with DT lite - no special settings required.

P.S.: how to to display all file extensions: Show or hide file name extensions

Comment

Working...
                  X