• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to install d-tools

Operating System: windows xp with sp2 rc2
    Burning Software: nero 6, discjuggler 4.10
    Anti-virus Software: avg 7
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

since installing sp2 for xp i have been unable to install d-tools. the install starts fine but then towards the end of the process my pc goes to BSOD with info saying caused by SCSIPORT.SYS and STOP 0x00000050. this was also happening with rc1 of sp2 at the same point in the install.

i've had a search through the forums here and have tried the info in thread 25002 and still have had no joy.

any help would be appreciated.

hope i've posted this in the right section, its my first time on here

Search other threads about StarForce drivers

Comment

Thanks, i had a look through the stuff on starforce and managed to get d-tools to install. I did have to modify the instructions though.

what i did was use the info in thread 25002 to make sure all d-tools drivers and entrys were removed,

then i went into device manager and removed all the starforce entries from the non PnP section (got there by going to view>show hidden devices),

finally went into c:\windows\system32\drivers and i moved prosync1.sys, sfhlp01.sys, prohlp.sys and prodrv06.sys to another location on the hard drive as without moving them the problem still occured.

i was then able to install d-tools no problem.

once installed i moved the above mentioned drivers back to the c:\windows\system32\drivers folder.

Comment

Working...
      X