DT creating 2 drives but 1 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT creating 2 drives but 1 not working

Hi, at the beginning I'm sorry if there is thread like this one. My problem is: when I install DT 4.46.1 lite I choose to install SPTD. After reboot, it's updating my virtual drives and in gadget, after process is finished, I see add virtual drive. In win explorer I can see drive, in disk management also. I must create another virtual drive to be able to use virtual drive. Any suggestions???

My configuration: W7 x86 sp1, av: eset, fw: zonealarm pro.

So your problem is that you can see 2 drives in explorer and disk management, but not in gadget ?
    Do you see them in the Drives area of the DAEMON Tools Lite main window ? DAEMON Tools Lite main window | daemon-help.com

If it's "only" a gadget problem, you can bypass that by using another mounting method: Mounting notes | daemon-help.com
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for fast reply.
      Hmm, I can't remember, but I think I can't see one of them in Drives area of DT (I'm pretty sure). Problem is that in device manager I've removed this "unusable" drive, so there is only one drive now in DT Drive area. With little bit experiment, managed to find what that "little" gremlin was. In order to recreate this scenario, returned image backup of OS, installed av and fw, but this time put zonealarm pro in game mode with automatic allow, and then installed DT (with SPTD). After reboot, and updating virtual device process, there was one (and still is) drive and it's working like charm. So I guess, there was zonealarm issue, preventing some DT process to end as it should be. Problem solved. Sorry for any inconvenience I've created. You can put this solution somewhere as guide line for others.
      Thanks, and best regards,
      Jovancha.

Comment

Hi, sadly but must tell you that problem described above happened again. Now I’m sending you a picture as a proof of this problem. There is 2 virtual devices but in DT there is only one that I can access. DT gadget shows also one. This time I think it’s something with DT. There is no av or firewall issue. Any suggestions? (Same config, after fresh install this appear; after install it’s ok, but after second boot there is notification: updating virtual devices… and it’s happen).

Comment

Sorry pic is here: http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8941/daemonb.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X