Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All my virtual and SCSI disks are missing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All my virtual and SCSI disks are missing!

Lately I have been having some problems so I don't know if it's related... But at the moment none of my CD ROM (virtual or not) works anymore! All drives show errors in the device manager, but when I try some of the steps provided on the forum, none of them seem to work. I already reinstalled Daemon tools (including SPTD), tried to remove the non-active virtual disks but to no avail.

All of the drives still show up in My Computer, but can't be opened.

Please help, I have attached some screenshots below. Thanks in advance!

I used to have 1 DVD ROM/RW drive and four virtual drives. All are missing in My Computer and Daemon Tools Pro Standard only shows one "Ongeldig"-drive, which is Dutch for 'Invalid". I am able to remove this invalid drive from the daemon tools manager, but it shows up again next time I open it. Also, adding a new DT or SCSI virtual drive results in Windows reporting some errors that the driver couldn't be installed.

I'm working with DT Pro Standard, version 5.2.0.0348 on Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Click image for larger version

Name:	error1.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	194203

Name:	error2.png
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	194204

Name:	error3.png
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	194205

Name:	error4.jpg
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	194206
    Last edited by hansp21; 10.01.2013, 20:39.

Please try this Microsoft FixIt solution and reboot: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
    the official support team with reference to this thread.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for your response, I'll e-mail the official support team also.

As for your suggestions: After running the first one, the Fixer shows an error stating "cannot continue, an unexpected error has occurred"
      I'm not feeling OK to perform steps that are meant for windows Vista, is that really no problem? Since there are registry edits involved, i just want to be sure

Cheers,

Comment

Sorry, should have mentioned it's the same procedure/keys on other Windows versions (XP, 7).
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I got a reply from the DT support team, and I got a solution similar to the one posted on the Microsoft site.

It did fix my problem, so I'm a happy user again.

Thanks for the assist!

Comment

Working...
          X