DT USB - doesn't work at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT USB - doesn't work at all

I am highly interested im the DT USB solution that lets me "mount" USB devices on one machine from another where it's actually connected to over the network.

So, I am currently running the trial of DT-USB to check it out and it just doesn't work.

Test case 1:
    Simple USB flash drive
    When I select "connect" on the client, it seems to connect and I also hear the USB detached sound on the serving machine.
    However, I am unable to access the mounted flash drive. I do see it as drive in the Explroer, but all attempts to access it fail.

Test case 2:
    A Galaxy S3 Phone
    Doesn't connect at all. I choose "connect" and after a minute or so DTUSB just tells me "unable to connect".

I completely disabled the firewall on both computers (Windows built in one) for testing, so that's not the cause.

In my current setup the serving machine runns Win7 and the one trying to mount/connect is a Win2008R2 in a VM.

Did I miss something or is DTUSB just not really ready for production yet?

Well, thanks for nothing - esp. to the DT devs and support guys, you really seem to care to sell your products. [/irony]

Anyway, while you were not caring, I found a solution that is working fine and solves my getting USB devices into my VMs problem.

Have a nice day.

Comment

The forum only provides an additional/secondary user-to-user support.
      Or have you also contacted the official support team ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
      X