Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTL & Windows 8 64bits incompatibility

Hello,
    i have installed DAEMON Tools version 4.46.1.0328 , trying to mount image, but nothing happens. It said "You already have the maximum number of virtual drives but i didn't ! I'm on Windows 8 64 bits

First try to uninstall/reinstall DT lite.

If that doesn't help please try this Microsoft FixIt solution and reboot: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that also doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows 7).
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

It's works ! Thanks a lot !

Comment

I have had trouble with using DTL with Windows 8 64-bit. After installing it; the names of my harddisks seen in properties had their names jumbled up. For example, my Plextor was seen as LPXEOT, and ST3000DM001 became TS0300MD00-1 etc.
        Uninstalling DTL did not solve this; and I had to reinstall Windows to get it back to normal.
        I'm not 100% sure if DTL was the direct cause of it; but was told from few other forums that it was known to cause problems and advised to not use it. Anyway, I used it mainly to mount ISO's, but didn't realize Windows 8 has that function now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Drives.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	193527

Comment

Originally Posted by mojohojo View Post
          I have had trouble with using DTL with Windows 8 64-bit. After installing it; the names of my harddisks seen in properties had their names jumbled up. For example, my Plextor was seen as LPXEOT, and ST3000DM001 became TS0300MD00-1 etc.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1536[/ATTACH]
          This is not due to DT. This is a known issue with specific versions of Intel RST driver.
          Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
          In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Working...
          X