Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA IV - Emulation detection & backup disc error

Hello,

I own a retail copy of GTA IV. I installed it, had it activated through the Rockstar servers, and installed patch 1.0.7.0 (the last).

Tried running DLite to start the game, but it complained about securom detecting emulation software. I tried making a secondary SCSI drive and played around with a few settings.

Converting the disc to MDX seemed to create a new error. I can't remember exactly how but now its just saying something along the lines of "error 1000 backup disc please use original" or something (sorry how vague I'm being, I'll look for the exact error if necessary but it doesn't really say anything else).

I'm wanting to use Dlite because I've just built a new computer, minus an optical drive because they look ass ugly runing the front of my case, and I can't stand the idea of having to stick in an external DVD just to start it up.

I've gotten this far by making a DVD/Master .CDR of the discs using OSX's Disk Utility. Is it simply that the image I prepared is just no good, so the emulation is fine but the media itself is being detected as iffy by the game?

What can I do? :c

Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    "error 1000 backup disc please use original"
    Most common reasons for that error message are:

- bad Data Position Measurement, or no DPM at all
    - high CPU load
    - Security software disturbing the check / messing up the emulation timing
    - overclocking
    - (very) fragmented HDD
    - SecuROM messing around

Here you can find alternative MDS files which are maybe better than yours: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f18/gta...87/#post132642
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hello there,

Definitely a DPM issue. I tried using a trial of Pro to create the MDX file using the 'new securom' setting, on a slot loader late-2000s iMac, but the optical drive gave an error at the beginning DPM stage so it must be no good for it.

I've caved into buying an internal DVD drive for now (I might use a SATA to USB cable I have or just put it in fulltime). I'll see if the new drive can create a working backup of the disc, and then I'll report back. Will take a couple days for it to arrive.

Comment

Yep, I've had success by creating a backup with my new optical drive.

Creating a copy with Pro worked. I experienced some other problems with regards to installing GTA IV, I've written a guide of what I did and how to work around some issues that I've posted (awaiting for mod approval).

Hopefully that'll help. Its about time a new guide was written covering this game, its annoying sifting through topics. :P

Comment

Working...
        X