• Show
Clear All

• ? WinISO modified BINs cannot be mounted by D-Tools

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: n/a
    Anti-virus Software: n/a
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Hi,

There is a problem that I have been experiencing with D-Tools for many versions (I have never seen it work before).

I find that whenever I create a BIN/CUE iso with WinISO 5.3, I cannot mount it with D-Tools. If I create the image and use FireBurner to check for corruptions, it tests clean (no errors at all). However, if I then mount it with (any version of) D-Tools, I cannot access the virtual driveI get unreadable or bad disc errors. What's more, is that if I take a BIN/CUE image that I create with CDRWin, it works just fine. However, if I then modify that same image with WinISO, it suddenly becomes unreadable/unmountable.

I know that this is technically a WinISO problem, but the thing is that if I burn that unmountable image to a disc, it's perfectly fine. That's why I'm posting here, there are no corruptions, and it is burnable. Why can I NOT mount it?

If it helps, CDMage seems to find plent of errors which are probably just trivial errors since again, I can burn it successfully.

I've seen a couple of old posts about this issue, but none have had a resolution.

The problem is probably that isos are usually created in RAW mode, while WinISO adds/changes stuff in cooked mode, thus corrupting the images. Create images with CDRWin in cooked mode (uncheck RAW checkbox), and WinISO-modified images should work fine.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Okay. But, is there any way to manipulate an image after it has been created? Is there a good program that can change from RAW<->cooked?

Comment

Working...
      X