• Show
Clear All

• Clone and Daemon=Coaster

Operating System: MS XP pro.
    Burning Software: Clone CD v4.2.0.2
    Anti-virus Software: Panda AV plat 7.0
    DAEMON Tools Version: v3.46.

Hi,
    I have a problem that Im hoping someone can help with. My retail copy of Far Cry turned up yesterday, as its 5 CDs I thought Id back it up. It uses Safedisk 3.20.022, so I copied the play CD with Clone (v4.2.0.2) and as expected it didnt run. Ive used Daemon tools in the past, so I downloaded the latest (v3.46). Installed it, turned on the emulation and it ran like a dream. Sadly this is where all my trouble started. I played the game for a bit, happy that it was working OK I decided to backup the remaining 4 disks. They seemed to copy fine, but rather quickly, suspicious of this I tried reading one of them, no joy at all. One by one I find they are totally unreadable, none of my drives will touch them at all! I thought maybe its because Id been dumb enough to leave the emulation on while I was burning. So I told Daemon to exit and no I didnt want to leave the emulation on. I tried to copy the play disk again and Clone reports that my Plextor is not supported for read! I tried my CD-R, same problem. I turn Daemon back on and it copies fine but produces a totally unreadable disk. I notice that on ALL the duff CDs there is a single line of about 2mm in exactly the same place that appears not to have been written on, weird! (I can post a picture if anybody is interested). I now decided to uninstall Daemon tools and after the re-boot, Clone is happy to read from my Plextor again ;-) And all the disks copy fine. Trouble is I cant use them unless I use some alternative to Daemon, however Im not keen to do so but then again I dont want to re-install Daemon until I know whats going on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Ive never had any grief in the past with Daemon and Id love to carry on using it, but I dont want to have to uninstall it every time I burn a CD.

My System details are :-

CPU :- AMD XP 2600+
    MB :- Asus A7V333.
    Ram :- 1GB
    Video :- ASUS Radion 9600SE (128MB).
    Sound :- Creative SB Live! 1024 digital (OEM).
    SCSI :- Quantum Atlas V_9 WLS and Plextor PX-40TS CD-ROM on Adaptec 29160 Ultra 160.
    IDE :- Pioneer DVD 119 DVD-ROM, Pioneer DVD 104, LG CCE8480B CD-RW
    Raid :- 2xIBM DeskStar 120GB on Promise FastTrack133 Lite (On the Motherboard)

Other Software running :- Clone CD (v4.2.0.2), Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.0, GetRight 5.0, Spybot S&D 1.3, ZoneAlarm Pro 5.x.

Regards

CC.

Which ASPI version do you use?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Which ASPI version do you use?
      Nero Info tools reports the following :-

ASPI Information
      ----------------
      System ASPI : ASPI is installed and working properly

WNASPI32.DLL : 4.71 (0001) 45056 bytes August 14, 2002
      ASPI32.SYS : 4.71 (0001) 17005 bytes August 14, 2002
      WINASPI.DLL : 4.60 (1021) 5600 bytes August 14, 2002
      WOWPOST.EXE : 4.60 (1021) 4672 bytes August 14, 2002

Nero ASPI : ASPI is installed and working properly

WNASPI32.DLL : 2.0.1.59 160016 bytes December 16, 2003

Regards

CC

Comment

Try to update your ASPI drivers to 4.71.2
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
          Try to update your ASPI drivers to 4.71.2
          Thanks for the reply, I'll try that and let you know.

Regards

CC

Comment

Working...
          X