Broken DVD Drive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken DVD Drive!

My (Phsyical) DVD Drive is broken after using your software! The Drive refuses to read or even find disks when I put them in. The DVD Drive is not found in the Devices and Printers Menu. It used to be labeled "DVD Drive (D", but is now DSFT CORP DRIVE, or something along those lines. Please give the nessecary steps to fix this issue!

Please try this Microsoft FixIt solution, reboot:
    Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that also doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP & 7).
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Same sh*t happened to me as well! Installed Daemon-Tools, rebooted, software was configuring etc. and then my optical drive or any other virtual drive was there, only my HDD. After trying everything and reading on the internet without success or any solution and nearly formatted my hard disk, finally found a solution. Uninstall Daemon Tools (just to make it sure you can use Revo Uninstaller - i just normally uninstalled it), then uninstall iTunes and Apple softwares. Uninstall your optical drive driver in Device Manager. Restart your system and it automatically reinstalls your driver correctly, Fixed! If that doesn't help, try unplugging your disc drive and plugin it back in. My System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, SP1. Do your job Daemon-Tools!!

Comment

Have you also complained in the Apple or GEAR Software forums ?
        Maybe it's the Gear driver that prevents the DAEMON Tools driver from functioning correctly resulting in vanishing optical drives.
        Or maybe it's even a general Windows weak point when burning apps are installed/uninstalled.
        Have you ever considered that ?
        Originally Posted by luzyfur View Post
        After trying everything and reading on the internet without success or any solution and nearly formatted my hard disk, finally found a solution. Uninstall Daemon Tools (just to make it sure you can use Revo Uninstaller - i just normally uninstalled it), then uninstall iTunes and Apple softwares. Uninstall your optical drive driver in Device Manager. Restart your system and it automatically reinstalls your driver correctly, Fixed!
        I guess manually deleting upper/lower filter entries would have also worked.
        Something Microsoft recommends for more than 10 years now when problems like that occur.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X