Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to Daemon Tools Ultra from Pro Advanced

Hi.

I was wondering what the material benefits of upgrading to Ultra from Pro Advanced would be, considering that, in the side-by-side comparison of products presented on the website, Ultra, while now presented as the "flagship," all-the-way-out-to-the-left standard-bearer, has a whole lot more red "X"s than Pro Advanced.

It seems the only place where Ultra has something that Pro Advanced doesn't is iSCSI, which isn't horribly important to me. According to all other criteria, Pro Advanced has a lot more to offer than Ultra.

Am I missing something here? I don't want to convert my licenses to Ultra with no way of "downgrading" if I'm going to be getting a lesser product than what I've already purchased.

Any feedback would most certainly be welcome.

Thanks!

Yea I am a little confused to. I really like the VHD and iSCSI disk stuff but am not willing to give up what I have. Ultra does not really seem that Ultra to me.

Comment

Yeah, I don't use iSCSI, nor do I need VHD support. If i want to use virtual hard disks, I'm typically using VMware. As long as (a) they don't eventually force an upgrade and/or (b) they don't include all DTPA functionality in Ultra, I think I'm probably just going to stay right where I am. Maybe I don't have enough experience to appreciate the "benefits of upgrading," but on an empirical level, the line-by-line comparison just seems like it would yield a net loss of functionality rather than a net gain.

Comment

The functionality of Ultra will be expanded. This is just first version which introduced new way of mounting. If users will like it, then we may add more features so no functionality will be lost compared to Pro. If you absolutely need some features available in Pro only then you are not forced to update to Ultra now - use Pro and wait until Ultra becomes more advanced. We want users to have choice what product and mounting interface they use.

Comment

Dear customers!

In order to prevent downgrade requests, please use Trial mode to become familiar with DAEMON Tools Ultra before performing upgrade. Note that DAEMON Tools Ultra can be installed independent of other DAEMON Tools installations.

Comment

If i have multiple licences for pro can i update just one to ultra and keep the other pro?

Comment

By purchasing an upgrade you will get a license of DAEMON Tools Ultra with a new serial number, that is always available at My Licenses page. Your current license will be blocked.

About Multi-Instance License. Instance is considered as a License copy, which may be installed and used on one operating system. So, there is no ability update 1 instance.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                The functionality of Ultra will be expanded. This is just first version which introduced new way of mounting. If users will like it, then we may add more features so no functionality will be lost compared to Pro. If you absolutely need some features available in Pro only then you are not forced to update to Ultra now - use Pro and wait until Ultra becomes more advanced. We want users to have choice what product and mounting interface they use.
                Build and save your own custom projects or edit existing images using Image Editor functionality
                Capability to master bootable discs or images
                When can we expect this functionality?

Comment

That sucks

Comment

Sticking with Pro Advanced, then. I don't see any reason to "upgrade" now for the promise of functionality in the somewhere-out-there future. Let me know when the total functionality of Ultra includes all of what Pro Advanced has to offer and, further, outstrips it.

Comment

Working...
                    X