Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot Loop

Hello -- I have XP running on my W7 system via xpmode --

I did an install for Daemon Tools for windows in the xpmode system -- I did request the
    spt item, knowing that a re-boot would be requited --

I did the reboot, but not the xpmode system is stuck in a reboot loop -- Has anyone
    seen this?

Thanks

Usually caused by a conflict with some security software.
    Either temporarily disable or uninstall the security software (btw. which one are you using ?).

If that doesn't solve the problem you have to first remove the remains of the previous incomplete SPTD installation.
    In this case take a look here: Known issues | daemon-help.com
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Usually caused by a conflict with some security software.
      Either temporarily disable or uninstall the security software (btw. which one are you using ?).

If that doesn't solve the problem you have to first remove the remains of the previous incomplete SPTD installation.
      In this case take a look here: Known issues | daemon-help.com

Hello -- Thanks for the reply --- Its Microsoft Security Essentials --- I did not think that I need to buy a AV for a VM -- Could this be
      the issue?

Comment

I was able to track down the issue. It seems that the re-boot after the install of SPDT is causing the problem -- Not sure why, but Is it an issue to
        run without it?

Comment

SPTD provides virtual SCSI devices with advanced emulation options (e.g. copy protection emulation).
          If not required, you can run DAEMON Tools lite without SPTD and create so called DT devices.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
          X