Display Driver crashes constantly after DT install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Driver crashes constantly after DT install

This is quite possibly the weirdest thing I've ever had happen and neither my friend nor I understand at all. I just installed DT on my system about a week ago for the first time. My friend had used it plenty of times before and it was the first time I'd heard of/used this program. About 10 minutes after I installed this my display driver started crashing. At first I thought nothing of it and maybe it was just a random crash so I ignored it. I went to sleep shortly after and shut down my pc for the night.

The next day I boot my pc up and it was just like an explosion happening. My display driver started to crash every 5-8 seconds if I stopped moving my mouse cursor around. At this point in time I had no idea what was causing the issue. I left things like this for about 4-5 days and was all over the internet looking for any kind of solution I could do to fix the problem with my display driver crashing. I thought after awhile that it was the card itself. I tried around a dozen different things and after nothing seemed like it was fix my crashing issues I made a small partition on one of my hard drives and installed a clean copy of windows on it. Booted everything up and installed the latest drivers for my card. I waited for around 15 minutes and figured since it hadn't crashed this was going to be the only way to fix my problem for now. So I formatted and put a fresh install of windows on my main drive.

The next thing I started to do was re-install everything I had gotten rid of. My friend had determined that it obviously had to be a software issue and I agreed. So last night after everything was running great again and I had almost all my old programs back on my pc. I couldn't remember a few things I had earlier and then just happened to remember that I still hadn't re-installed this program. So I go and install DT again and I take my hand off the mouse for about 8 seconds and my display driver crashes. I sat here puzzled for a second and made sure I didn't have a game open in the background that might've caused it. I double check and see nothing open, so after I had spent about 5 days trying to figure out the cause of my problem I found out for some reason this program is causing some really weird issues with my rig and causing my display driver to crash terribly every 5-8 seconds if I'm not doing something active with my cursor the entire time.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this or know anything about what might be cause this awkward behavior?

Intel Core i7-3770K
    Asus P8Z77-V LK Motherboard
    Asus GTX 670 DC2T-2GD5
    G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Would you please attach/upload a zipped Crash dump file (usually in c:\Windows\Minidump) ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I don't have/see one in my drive anywhere. Remember I did system restore to completely remove everything after the crashing started to occur yesterday after the install so my guess is that's why I don't have one right now.

Comment

Are you installing the drivers from Nvidia, or using Windows Update? Also, have you tried going back a few versions? You might also try uninstalling *just* SPTD, but leave DTools installed, in case the fault lies there.

Comment

Working...
        X