unable to create new drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to create new drives

So i have windows 7 64bit ultimate sp1, and i have had daemon tools running before, but currently it will install just fine, but when i get through it says it might not be working properly (like device manager in right hand corner of screen pops up. so i click that notification and it says dttools device manager failed. so i go to device manager and there are 6 drives (all of which have the same label of "DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device), all with a little yellow exclamation point on them. when i go to properties it says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" then i go to drivers tab and driver details and it says it is using three drivers, crdom.sys, GEARAspiWDM.sys, and PxHlpa64.sys i have tried to update these but it says they are up to date.

i have a personal built home computer running gigabyte z77h mother board, 16gbs of ram, a 200gb solid state drive, liquid cooling, 550watt power supply, and intel i5 3570 processor.

coincidentally i have tried to install magic disc iso which is another image mount burn program and it will not let me add a drive either. the six drives that show up in the device manager are not showing up in my computer. they are just like not even there.

I know windows makes a fix it program for cdrom drives, and i ran that but its like it couldnt find the drives because it just kept searching for ever until i quit it. i have tried to include a attachment but it seems that the attachementy thing it broken.

Please first retry the Microsoft FixIt solution:
    Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that again doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP & 7).

Additionally -if the problem isn't solved- you can try these steps:

I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
    X