Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion for solving the StarForce 3 DVD Version Problem (DTM / TOCA / V8 Cars Race Driver 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for solving the StarForce 3 DVD Version Problem (DTM / TOCA / V8 Cars Race Driver 2)

I think I found out something very interesting about how the DVD Version of StarForce 3 works:

One weak ago I read in serveral newsgroups that a Alcohol 120% Image DTM Race Driver 2 mounted over a LAN with DaemonTools works if they are no IDE drives in the PC. I couldn't believe that because a Alcohol 120% DVD Image doesn't contain any physical data of the disc at the moment.

So I tried it and it really works.

So StarForce 3 DVD doesn't checks the discs physical signature as most people belives. Because if it would check the physical data such a mounted Alcohol 120% could never works but it works.

So I thought if the Image works and it consists no physical data a DVD burned from this image should also work. So I burned exactly the same image I prevously mounted over the LAN on a DVD-R with 1x recording speed. But I doesn't works.

So the only logical for the thing that the image works and the burned disc not is that StarForce 3 DVD "only" checks for WEAK SECTORS.

So I think if you would integreat a function into DAEMON TOOLS to Emulate those WEAK SECTORS on the StarForce protected DVD the burned DVD-R must also work.

Hope I could help you in beating this anoying copy protection!!!

Thank You

Afaik, Starforce does not use weak sectors, but uses purely absolute dpm measuring.

Comment

But if it uses DPM Messure why a mounted Alcohol 120% Image wich doesn't contains any DPM information works?

Thank You

Comment

I believe the trick is that you are mounting over lan.

Comment

No, the mounting over LAN is only required because StarForce 3 slows down all local disks during the DVD check and so Daemon-Tools is not able to provide the required data at the correct time when the Image is mounted from local disk. But StarForce can't slow down Disks in a different computer on the LAN and therfore a over the LAN mounted Image works.

But this has nothing to do with the DPM informations. There are just not aviable in an Alcohol 120% Image. And therfore the mounted Image wouldn't work if StarForce would check for DPM informations. No matter if mounted over LAN or from Local Disk.

Thank You

Comment

OK, I think I was wrong with this.

StarForce checks for DPM informations.

But I found out that the RMPS Emulation is blacklisted by StarForce so I think if you would fix this blacklisting problem it could be possible to make backups of StarForce protected CD Games using RMPS Emulation.

Thank You

Comment

Working...
            X