• Unable to install daemon-tools

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero - Burning Rom 5.5.10.25
    Anti-virus Software: non
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

It starts to install it but before it finishes it stops and gives errors
    First one:
    Device installer error

Windows could not load the installer for SCSIAdapter. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.

Second one:
    DAEMON Tools 3.46.0

Device setup error: code 25031 (0x61C7), -536870387 (0xE000020D). Contact your support personell.

... so... what to do?

SCSI Class installer is part of OS. Something is wrong in your OS then(files missing)
    Check please also last informaation in you setupapi.log in WINDOWS folder.

Comment

I checked it but I dont know what should i do with that and what should i do if something is missing or something?

thats what i saw there and many other things
      #E144 Loading module "C:\WINDOWS\System32\SysSetup.Dll" failed. Error 126: The specified module could not be found.
      #E161 Processing of call to class installer failed. Error 0xe000020d: The class installer registry entry is invalid.

Comment

You have answered yourself your question then.
        Check what is prob with syssetup.dll

Comment

how can i check whats the problem with SysSetup.Dll???
          its there and I have no idea how to check whats the problem with it :?

Comment

If this file is not present on your system then i cannot help you.;-)

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP2 RC2
              Burning Software: Nero 6.3.1.15, Alcohol 120% 1.9.2.1705
              Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus 2005b Beta
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

try and run the following command via start->run:

Code:
              sfc /scannow

this should restore all the original files protected by windows from your windows cd (or the service pack backup files)

Comment

Operating System: WIN XP PRO SP2
                Burning Software: Nero, Fireburner
                Anti-virus Software: AVG
                DAEMON Tools Version: -

now i basically have the same exact problem as that guy.

can't load installer for SCSIAdapter and error code 25031.

same info in the setupapi.log about SysSetup.Dll error.

SysSetup.Dll IS on my comp but like the ohter guy said, how do i check what the problem with it is? where do i go from there.

Comment

As said before, run sfc /scannow with your Windows CD in the drive.
                  Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

i can't find my windows CD, what else can i do.

Comment

found the cd nothing changed. little command promt comes up for half a sec. and disapears when i do sfc /scannow with or without the cd. tried to install again, same error.

Comment

what the hell did this program do to my computer! when i try to add hardware manually i get the same error "could not load installer for..." 4 different things!!! hdc, scsi, tapedrive, ntapm!!

and is this a support forum or what, help me!?

Comment

This program did nothing to your computer, it uses Windows Installer service, obviously there's a problem on your system.
                          If you get error about SysSetup.Dll there's nothing we can do, you've to fix that.
                          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and run sfc /scannow from there. If it just terminates check event logs to find out why.

Errors with installer service and sfc are common in pirated versions of XP, you do have a legimate copy I presume? Have you modifies any system service settings from Administrator Tools? If you have XP Pro, have you modifies group or system policies?
                            Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

yes, i do have a legit copy. i don't much about modifying, i did edit the sfc file to get rid of that empry frontpage folder in prog files, but i don't see how that would cause errors with all this other stuff.

when i try to run it from cmd, i get:

Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files.

The specific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable.].

Comment

Working...
                              X