DT drive and Windows 8 x64 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT drive and Windows 8 x64 issues

Fresh installation of Windows 8 and DTLite4471-0333. Current physical drives attached is 3 hard drives (C,D,E). USB CDROM was disconnected after OS install completed.

DT installation created a DT drive as drive letter F. I attempted to setup a SCSI drive as G and a popup appeared telling me I needed to install SPTD which I agreed. Everything worked fine. I rebooted, verified everything still worked. I installed the NVIDIA video driver. Rebooted and verified everything still worked in DT.
    I started Windows update and after the reboot the DT drive stopped showing up within the DT interface however within the Daemon Tools GUI the SCSI drive still shows up but the DT drive is gone. In my Computer, I still have both virtual CDROMS showing up.

I have a game emulator that is looking for a DT drive and it can;t find one now. If I remove the drives within the GUI and attempt to install a new DT drive I get the infamous "unable to install virtual drive" error. And low and behold no new drive letter in the DT GUI but My Computer shows another drive letter added (BT-ROM Drive just like the SCSI drive (G)is labeled). I can add SCSI drives all day long but not a DT successfully.

In device manager, I have the Daemon tools bus driver present. Under dvd/cdrom I have DTsoft Virtual Cdrom device and a TWNLQ 3G91RK SCSI CDROM device.

What I have done:
    Reloaded windows - same results
    I have run the Microsoft CD tool which does no good considering the drive shows up but I can;t mount anything with it.
    I have looked for the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    This key doesn't exist in Windows 8 at the location specified. Looking at every entry in the registry that matches the string I found several and none of them had upperfilter or lower filter in them
    I've run devcon and it states this can;t run on my system.
    On my first build, I even tried manually deleting the registry keys and it tells me I don;t have permission even though I am a local admin and have gone into the registry key properties, taken ownership etc...etc...
    Uninstalling and reinstalling. When reinstalling it adds a new SCSI drive letter while it also adds back the old drive letters in my computer (clearly reading from the old keys that weren;t removed properly on the uninstall.

Without a doubt MS update caused this - but I'll be damned if I know what to do at this point. So at this point I'm really in need of some expert help.

I'm willing to let a DT mod/dev remote into my system all day long if they need to. What I can;t afford is another install as this is a MSDN image and I'm out of activation keys.
    Someone please help me. Thanks.

Here is the the last entry in the setupapi.dev file.
    Code:
    [Boot Session: 2013/04/21 23:05:41.487]

>>>  [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - DTSOFTBUS&REV1\DTCDROM&REV1\1&79F5D87&0&00]
    >>>  Section start 2013/04/22 00:34:05.688
          cmd: "C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe" C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
         dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI} 00:34:05.688
         dvi:      No class installer for 'CD-ROM Drive'
         dvi:      Default installer: Enter 00:34:05.688
         dvi:      Default installer: Exit
         dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI - exit(0xe000020e)} 00:34:05.688
         ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard for DTSOFTBUS&REV1\DTCDROM&REV1\1&79F5D87&0&00}
         ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard exit(00000000)}
    <<<  Section end 2013/04/22 00:34:13.469
    <<<  [Exit status: SUCCESS]

>>>  [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - DTSOFTBUS&REV1\DTCDROM&REV1\1&79F5D87&0&00]
    >>>  Section start 2013/04/22 00:34:19.219
          cmd: "C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe" C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
         dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI} 00:34:19.219
         dvi:      No class installer for 'CD-ROM Drive'
         dvi:      No CoInstallers found
         dvi:      Default installer: Enter 00:34:19.219
         dvi:      Default installer: Exit
         dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI - exit(0xe000020e)} 00:34:19.219
         ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard for DTSOFTBUS&REV1\DTCDROM&REV1\1&79F5D87&0&00}
         dvi:      {DIF_SELECTDEVICE} 00:34:31.813
         dvi:           No class installer for 'CD-ROM Drive'
         dvi:      {DIF_SELECTDEVICE - exit(0xe000020e)} 00:34:31.828
         ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard exit(000004c7)}
    <<<  Section end 2013/04/22 00:36:27.485
    <<<  [Exit status: FAILURE(0x000004c7)]

Comment

Also, after comparing driver details between my Windows 7 X64 and Windows 8 X64 I see the CDROM.sys driver is NEWER on Windows 7 than it is in Windows 8.
      I'm nervous to reinstall DT simply because the locked registry keys issue and then I end up with a whole slew of virtual drives that I cannot remove via GUI nor registry removal nor via Daemon tools command line

Comment

Last update.

I use a program that you specify what virtual drive to use. I selected the BT CDROM drive (instead of the default SCSI drive).
        Started the program and "magically" the missing DT drive in the DT GUI shows up again.
        I use explorer, the DT drive is working (allows me to browse)

I rebooted the PC, checked DT GUI and the DT and SCSI drives both show up.

I have not changed anything since my initial post so why using a program and specifying the DT drive would force this drive letter to show back up in the DT GUI is beyond me.

Info for the devs I guess.

Comment

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
          the official support team with reference to this thread.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
          X