Associating a non supported, but valid extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Associating a non supported, but valid extension

TL;DR: My question is, how can I get DT to understand and mount another extension?

I used to use another software package that would save its images to another file format. I stopped because it became a serious resource hog just sitting there doing nothing. Not to mention their yearly "upgrade for half price" crap that didn't give me anything particularly interesting. For entertainment value, I decided to see if Daemon Tools could convert from the other format to something DT would support. I found out it could. I even tried installing the game off the new image and it worked.

So then I tried just dragging and dropping the other format onto a drive in the DT Client, and low-and-behold, DT saw it and I had access to it.

I FULLY understand that this wouldn't work EVERY TIME for other file formats, and it may not even be RECOMMENDED by DT, but in this case, it seems to work, and it'd save me from having to convert a lot of old images to a new format.

I've tried associating the extension wtih DTPro.exe directly but that just launches the DT GUI. I suppose I could go and find out in the registry where it launches the MDX extension, but was hoping for something more simplistic.

Going to go and try just changing the extension of the files to MDX or ISO and see what blows up. *evil laugh*

Originally Posted by pontiac76 View Post
    I suppose I could go and find out in the registry where it launches the MDX extension, but was hoping for something more simplistic.
    Not exactly , but you can do it rather simple with FileTypesMan.
    Take a look at this thread: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/fil...rrupted-30146/

Default icon and Command-line are of course different than in DT lite:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Pro\DTPro.exe,0 and
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Pro\DTAgent.exe" -shellmount "%1"
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
    X