Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't mount an image anymore (conflict?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't mount an image anymore (conflict?)

Hello folks,

For several months now, I can't get any image mounted onto Daemon Tools Lite (different versions tried). The virtual device has been created but no image gets mounted when I click "mount image".
    I tried to uninstall then reinstall the software but nothing changed, the driver remains mute. I do have the "mounting image" little applet showing a few seconds, but that's it.
    Of course I tried to mount several images, but it fails for every one of them, no matter the content. And these are .iso files I used to be able to mount before.

I assume it has to do with a conflict with some other software, but how can I figure out which one(s)? I can't remember when exactly this issue popped up.

Here's what I tried so far:
    - Followed this thread http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/dae...t-mount-28220/ but no fix came out of it for my problem
    - Tried both actual Daemon Tools Lite 4.47.1 and downgrading to 4.35.6 (idea from thread above) without any positive result
    - Installed / updated SPTDinst-v183-x64 before re-installing Daemon Tools, but it doesn't seem to have changed anything (it seems to be pre-installed in DT anyway nowadays anyway)
    - Tried MagicDisc for the sake of curiosity and the outcome is the same : nothing happens.
    - Checked the security issues that could be involved but haven't found any (I don't use any Zonealarm or McAfee stuff for example)

Anyone an idea? I kind of ran out of them - hence my registration here :-/

Thank you for your attention.
    I'm running a Windows 7 64-Bit by the way.
Working...
X