Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon Tools Ultra - Where are Securom options etc...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Ultra - Where are Securom options etc...?

All-

Just purchased Daemon Tools Ultra, normally use the free lite version.

Now I can't find out to enable things like Securom emulation etc... Anyone know where the option is?

I feel like there is an advanced mode somewhere in the UI but I can't find it anywhere.

Hello,

Please, try use this tip Make Disc Image | www.ultra.daemon-help.com. Advanced setting available at "Profile" drop-down list.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

@ootoaoo
      Afaik they are not available in Ultra (yet).
      May i ask what exactly you need them for ?

P.S.: as a workaround you could install DT lite along with Ultra, or even better, as suggested by SUPPORT1: create a new image which doesn't require emulation
      Last edited by Terramex; 13.05.2013, 14:26.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Terramex - I also perchased ds ultra .... I hope it´s a joke that there are some securom options in the lite version .... is it ?? when I buy the highest price version that is available I assume that it has all features of the lower versions ....

btw. it is impossible to make an disk image of an original game that I own --- in my case dirt3 --- so that I can mount it with ds without any problems .... and the infos I´ve got from the ds support are some links to the homepage ... and I read them all before I send them an email

And in case you ask: I dont want to carry all games with me - I want all of them in my rack - thats why i bought DT Ultra - so I have my games on the laptop.

Comment

Originally Posted by clemens.e.d.hofbauer View Post
          I hope it´s a joke that there are some securom options in the lite version .... is it ?? when I buy the highest price version that is available I assume that it has all features of the lower versions ....
          That (practically obsolete) option is only required for imperfect backups of very old SecuROM versions (10+ years).
          And as you have DT Ultra, you don't create imperfect backups
          Originally Posted by clemens.e.d.hofbauer View Post
          btw. it is impossible to make an disk image of an original game that I own --- in my case dirt3 --- so that I can mount it with ds without any problems
          Have you selected the 'New SecuROM' profile when creating the image ?
          Have you mounted the image in Advanced mode (to SCSI or IDE device) ?

EDIT:
          Regarding image creation:
          - open Tools/Make Disc Image...
          - select MDX image output format, and check "Set additional options", Next
          - in the Advanced Options window select the "New SecuROM" profile, set DPM speed to maximum speed
          Last edited by Terramex; 03.09.2013, 14:28.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
          X