• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install game

Operating System: Windows XP Professional
    Burning Software: Alchohol 120
    Anti-virus Software: Mcaffee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I have an iso image of a game that I've mounted with DT, no problems, the games installer comes up fine but when I go to install it I get an "Insert CD message", looked around on the forums for help but alls I found were things pertaining to running the game and getting that message, I can't even install it So any help? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Operating System: XP Pro
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton

i only know one game which installer is checking the copyprotection, but even this works fine from a perfect image. just make a new and perfect image, depending on the protection, and in most cases the game will work.

Comment

Just tried it, still asks for the CD when It's about to install the game, thanks though.

Oh, the games Dungeon Keeper 2 if that helps anybody some, older game, didn't think it'd be this big a pain.

Comment

Operating System: XP
        Burning Software: Alcohol
        Anti-virus Software: Norton

Well, Dungeon Keeper 2 only has Safedisk 1 as CD Copy Protection. I'm sure Daemon tools has no difficulty with this protection. Just make sure you turned Safedisk emulation on ( i think you dont even have to ). Its not the program, its definitly the image that causes the problem. If you have the original cd, just make a new image file with Alcohol 120%. Its quite easy even to create a perfect copy of Dungeon Keeper 2 with Safedisc 1 properties with alcohol. :wink:

Comment

It's like the 4th image I've done so far, and I still get the error, I'm out of ideas, and yeah I made sure the safe disc emu was on and still nothing, seriously confused, I guess I could try making the image with a different program but other than that I don't know what to do, thanks for the help though.

Comment

well....the only possibility i can think of is the CD Drive right now. Perhaps the drive is so old that you cant read the disc correctly. Sounds strange, but who knows ^^. Perhaps you should try to use another one ? You make the image from the original disk, don't you ?

Edit: You said you made an ISO image, you should try to make an .mds image of the original cd.

Comment

Working...
            X