• Show
Clear All

• Old issue brought a question to mind.

AV: Norten 2003 Pro
    IS: Alchol 120%, WinISO
    BS: Nero 5
    BD: Light-On DVD Muti (-r/rw & +r/+rw)
    DT: 3.46

Hello all, I've layed in the shdows around here alot. But I just realized some thing. I'm a bit slow I guess. LOL
    WinISO's file stream copy (1:1 as I understand it) rather than the ASPI imaging option worked to help me eliminate the threat of damageing a Play disc (NWN for example). But when there was the issue with UT2K4 (I know the new official patch removes the CD check) I did a file copy on the UT2K4 play CD and it wouldn't do a valid Secure Rom 5 check...

Is there some thing stored in the Alchol image that can't be stored int an ISO?
    Would this mean File nor ASPI copy do a true 1:1 copy?
    Is I understod it Secure Rom would be copied as dumby data with a 1:1 copy, has this changed with Secure Rom 5?

Just some questions that poped in my head as I sat here.
    Maybe I should start being more active.
    -- 30 --

Reading around I think I see the answer to my question. What is DPM (sp?) data that A120% rips?

Can i find that information on their site?
    *looks*
    -- 30 --

Comment

How about to look into our copy protections forum, and while you're there you will find a nice explanation in this thread. :mrgreen:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thank you!

That helped a tone. Thanks a mill.
        -- 30 --

Comment

As someone else told me, ISO just does the immediate files, whereas the formats offered by A120/CCD/BW add subchannel data and other goodies, the stuff that you don't see. Hence why you can get images a decent bit larger than 700meg, when the drive reports there only being about 600ish on the disc.

Not as description filled as that thread, I know, but a bit more quicker to the point.

Comment

Working...
          X