• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Drives not showing up

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

When I first installed Daemon tools, near the end of the installation the Add New Hardware wizard popped up saying i had a new SCSI driver i needed to instal. After a few seconds, the installation completed and the Add New Hardware wizard told me that the installation of the new device could not be completed. I checked device manager and saw that there was no problem with the SCSI driver, and that it was working as it should.

My real problem was when i restarted my computer. Once windows had loaded, i opened up my computer and saw the virtual drive. However, after a few seconds the Add New Hardware wizard starte (in the sys tray) d and told me it had to instal the virtual drive (it did this on it's own). After it was "installed" the virtual drive disappeared from My Computer. I could still mount images, but there was no way to access the drive and i could not assign a drive letter to it. I checked in device manager, and it said that the "Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device" was working properly.

Every time i restart my computer this happens....and i don't understand why i can't see the drive in explorer or My Computer.

So far today i've found the only thing that lets me see the virtual drive is to disable Plug and Play in Administrator/services. However, this disables all my other plug and play devices....and i can't have that.

Comment

any help?

Comment

Check device manager what driver is used for virtual CDROM. Also look in common solution sections how to make your CDROMs work (not virtual only)

Comment

Working...
        X