• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims superstar

Operating System: Windows 2000
    Burning Software: Not sure
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: Not sure

I'm not completely sure about the specs to the other programs, but here is my problem anyway:

I have every Sims game (expansion disks) except for Makin Magic at the moment. I installed the first two, but then mounted an image of House Party using Daemon tools. Following that, every other expansion pack up to Unleashed worked without the CD-Rom. After I installed Superstar, however, the game loads the title screen for a few seconds then crashes back to Windows. I checked on Google, and one of the sites suggested it might have to do with a Virtual CD-Rom that is confused with the real one being used for the game. When the game crashes back to Windows, it's still running, although nothing is being read in my CD-Rom. Do you suggest that I just uninstall the Sims programs and create the Superstar image to mount or is there another way to fix the problem?

Update to the latest dtools version (3.46).

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      Update to the latest dtools version (3.46).
      Does that mean that I'd have to uninstall and reinstall my Sims games or do you think it should work automatically through the update?

Comment

update

Operating System: xp
        Burning Software: alc
        Anti-virus Software: norton
        DAEMON Tools Version: 346

You dont have to reinstall the game, just reinstall Daemon Tools

Comment

Re: update

Originally Posted by Skyrist
          Operating System: xp
          Burning Software: alc
          Anti-virus Software: norton
          DAEMON Tools Version: 346

You dont have to reinstall the game, just reinstall Daemon Tools
          Ok thanks!

Comment

Still giving problems

The program still crashes back to the desktop every so often when I want to play it. I've tried loading it from the "autoplay" on the latest expansion pack's CD as well as mounting my "houseparty" image. This is with the latest version of Daemon tools installed.

Comment

Does it work with Daemon Tools un-installed?
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

You know what's weird? It seems to work only when I fool around with the different options. Actually, last night it worked three straight times when I set "devices=no devices" - but with Daemon tools still running. You see, I want the game to run off the original disk, because that's how it was installed. I did uninstall daemon tools before and it came up with the same problem.

Comment

Operating System: winxp
                  Burning Software: nero,alc,bw
                  Anti-virus Software: nav 2003
                  DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

well I know that problem!

It did not work ... even with the original cd!!!!!

So the only way to get it working is to reinstall the game , best from virtual drive :mrgreen:

Comment

Yeah but that means I'd have to create an image of the Superstar installed game files, right? (You can see I'm trying hard not to create this whole situation into a project).

Comment

Working...
                    X