Error 9 from Miniport driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 9 from Miniport driver

Operating System: WinXPSP1a (up to date)
    Burning Software: ISO Recorder, BlindWrite 4.5
    Anti-virus Software: deinstalled
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Everything works fine. Except a single game - *iggles - causing an error in SCSI miniport driver which crashes my system.

Error occurs if I want to start that game with mounted image from game cd. Image seems fine (BlindWrite can copy it).

WinXP syslog states an error from TickPort (my chosen name for daemon tools miniport driver during install) with event number 9 on device \Device\Scsi\TickPort1.
    Descriptions says translated WinXP has no description about that number and there is some binary data:
    Code:
    0000: 0f 00 10 00 01 00 6a 00   ......j.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 09 00 04 c0   .......А
    0010: 01 01 00 50 00 00 00 00   ...P....
    0018: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
    0028: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
    0030: 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00   ........
    I hope this helps to fix that bug.

This log shows that Windows has tried to reset SCSI bus of Daemon controller, obviously because of response timeout. Something weird happening indeed with image or something of that sort.

Comment

Is there anything I can do to pinpoint that bug?

So far I can tell it worked flawless on my old Win2k system with some older version of daemon tools. I guess version 3.32, but I can't check since that harddisk is gone.

Comment

Do you experience same prob if you just dump from virtual drive with some program or read files? Or it happens in game only?

Comment

I did some tests and discovered these facts:

1) It happens when I start the game.

2) It doesn't happen by reading all the files from the virtual drive or by reading with BlindWrite.

3) It doesn't happen with other cd images.

4) If I modify the image and repair all sector headers (those 4 bytes following sync), the virtual drive does not crash anymore. (But the game doesn't accept cd.)

5) I tried another reading prog DDUMP to read from the virtual drive. It causes a similar deadlock (but without any error message) when it tries to extract subindices from track 4. Of course only if option FULLINDEX is selected.

Should I post the cue-sheet?

Comment

You should remake image from other drive/program.

Comment

Thank you, it works!

I used CloneCD to create a new image. This image contains a lot more unreadable sectors and indices are set different. It runs right away.

Comment

Working...
              X