• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atapi.sys locked!!!

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
    Burning Software: Clone CD 4.3.2.2
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

In order to install SP1 and others fixes, I have to uninstall D-Tools to install it. Please, tell me, this bug (atapi.sys locked) will be fixed in the next version?

It will be fixed.

Comment

It's NOT a bug though :wink:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

??? Not a Bug ???

If this isn't a bug... what is it???!!!

Comment

A feature to prevent certain black lists.

Comment

He means that it's locking it on purpose - i.e. for a specific reason.

It's just a shame it causes problems for people who like to update / use the file!

Comment

Alcohol Software locks atapi.sys too???!!!

The same problem occurs with Alcohol 120% version 1.9.2 (Build 1705) (maybe Alcohol 52% too?). The next version of Alcohol software will fix this problem?. Anybody knows if this behavior will be fixed in the next version? :cry:

Comment

Not sure about the very next version of alcohol.

Comment

atapy.sys

Operating System: WinXP-SP2
                  Burning Software: Nero 6
                  Anti-virus Software: Antivir
                  DAEMON Tools Version: 4.46

Originally Posted by Andareed
                  It will be fixed.
                  I just installed SP2 today. Same problem. Had to go to safe mode to prevent the loading of the driver. You will get a lot of support requests after SP2 is available via Windows Update ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Operating System: WinXP-SP2
                    Burning Software: Alcohol120%, Nero
                    Anti-virus Software: F-Secure

i had a problem with atapi.sys and skipped whatever sp2 wanted to do with it can that cause any problems?

Comment

Operating System: XP
                      Burning Software: Nero 5.5
                      Anti-virus Software: AVG

I also got the error during SP2 install. It was SP2 trying to make a backup of ATAPI.SYS. I knew that I wasn't ever going to use the backup so I hit ignore. This means that if you revert to before SP2, you might not get the exact ATAPI.SYS you had before. Whether this would matter or not is hard to say.

Whether I care or not is easy to say. An SP2 upgrade malfunction would be great excuse to reinstall from a Slipstream CD.

What does bug me though is that the Intel INF updater can't run while Daemon is installed. I must uninstall Daemon to change from a Celeron to a Pentium 4 since the 865PE boards I have seem to redetect the IDE hardware on a chip change. Is that an Intel screw up or did the Taiwan motherboard makers not hack the 875 features into the 865 right?

I think it's the same ATAPI.SYS locking problem with the same workarounds. Uninstall Daemon, fix stuff,, reinstall Daemon.

Comment

Operating System: XP PRO
                        Burning Software: NERO
                        Anti-virus Software: SYMANTEC

when making backups (buildin software from XP-PRO) atapi.sys is allways skipped because it is locked by daemon tools.

Comment

Operating System:
                          Burning Software:
                          Anti-virus Software:
                          DAEMON Tools Version:

On Windows 2003 volume shadow copy can be used to backup/copy all locked files, including atapi.sys.
                          Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

Originally Posted by JariK-Tietomedia
                            On Windows 2003 volume shadow copy can be used to backup/copy all locked files, including atapi.sys.
                            Thats intresting as th ASR backup also use the shadow copy.
                            I will retry and be sure to backup to an ntfs drive.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nike
                              Originally Posted by JariK-Tietomedia
                              Thats intresting as th ASR backup also use the shadow copy.
                              I will retry and be sure to backup to an ntfs drive.
                              Under xp it doesn't work:

Backup started on 29-8-2004 at 19:56.
                              Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\atapi.sys" - skipped.
                              Reason: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Comment

Working...
                              X