• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver not succefully installed

OS Windows 7 Ultimate Service pack 1

Daemon tools lite: 4.47.1.0333
    SPTD version: 1.83

If i try to add a virtual drive it says Installing device drivers and instantly Driver installation unsuccessful and then virtual drive not created. After doing this a few times now it says you already have the maximum number of virtual drives.

The drivers on the driver status page are cdrom.sys and GEARaspiWDM.sys, I can't find storprop.dll and redbook.sys anywhere

Device status: 'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)'

And its not just Daemon tools, I have the same issue with all virtual drive software

Please help, Ive tried a lot but can't get it to work.
    Last edited by Terramex; 04.06.2013, 17:45.

Please first try this Microsoft FixIt solution:
    Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP & 7).

After that you maybe have to reinstall the GEAR driver - if required (for e.g. iTunes):
    Driver updates - GEAR Software
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Reinstalling the gear driver solved the issue. Really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X