Unable to remove "mounted" ISO on "physical CD Drive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to remove "mounted" ISO on "physical CD Drive"

I have a really strange problem; I'm not sure if I've just missed something, because I've been trying to look around for a solution.

So, I mounted an ISO with DT Free License about a month ago, on what I was sure was a virtual drive created with DT. I didn't notice this problem at first, but when I went to delete and uninstall the program within the ISO file, I was able to unmount and remove the files off the virtual drive, but it seemed that the ISO file was mounted on one of my laptop's physical CD Drive, despite not inserting any disc what so ever into my laptop.

I am totally confused as to what happened. So far I've tried remounting the ISO on a virtual drive, installing the program, uninstalling the program through the Windows "Uninstall a Program/Features" in the control panel, and deleting the virtual drive I created, hoping it would clear the CD Drive somehow, but nothing worked. I also have tried right-clicking>Eject, but a pop up appears and tells me that an error has occurred when trying to eject, or the eject option doesn't appear (it doesn't appear when the ISO isn't mounted to the virtual drive).

I run a Windows 8 computer (unforunately?), and I have had compatibility problems with this OS, so I wouldn't be surprised if this problem has anything to do with that..

I was resorting to doing a factory restore since this computer isn't that old anyway. But I don't want to have to lose some of my files, if there is some way to fix this.

Help??

Hello,
    We would really appreciate if you reply us with detailed information, regarding your problem.
    Specify full version number of DAEMON Tools and your Operating System version.
    Write exact text of the error message. Make some screenshots which will help us to understand the problem
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Varexo View Post
      I have a really strange problem; I'm not sure if I've just missed something, because I've been trying to look around for a solution.

So, I mounted an ISO with DT Free License about a month ago, on what I was sure was a virtual drive created with DT. I didn't notice this problem at first, but when I went to delete and uninstall the program within the ISO file, I was able to unmount and remove the files off the virtual drive, but it seemed that the ISO file was mounted on one of my laptop's physical CD Drive, despite not inserting any disc what so ever into my laptop.

I am totally confused as to what happened. So far I've tried remounting the ISO on a virtual drive, installing the program, uninstalling the program through the Windows "Uninstall a Program/Features" in the control panel, and deleting the virtual drive I created, hoping it would clear the CD Drive somehow, but nothing worked. I also have tried right-clicking>Eject, but a pop up appears and tells me that an error has occurred when trying to eject, or the eject option doesn't appear (it doesn't appear when the ISO isn't mounted to the virtual drive).

I run a Windows 8 computer (unforunately?), and I have had compatibility problems with this OS, so I wouldn't be surprised if this problem has anything to do with that..

I was resorting to doing a factory restore since this computer isn't that old anyway. But I don't want to have to lose some of my files, if there is some way to fix this.

Help??

I was able to figure it out. Apparently, I created a virtual drive with a program pre-installed on my Windows 8 computer, called Cyberlink which manages video/photo media and has some CD/DVD drive related uses; all I had to do was disable the drive created with Cyberlink which contained the stubborn ISO which didn't go away.
      What I had thought was one of my computer's actual CD drives was actually just another virtual drive created with another program--problem solved.

But thank you, Support1 for your support nonetheless.

Comment

Hello,
        Good news!! Thank yoy for reply ^)
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi sir I also have the same issue and maybe because it just that I don't actually know how to use Daemon Tools properly

I tried to mount a game but unfortunately nothing happens

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 15 3521 non touch
          Built in OS Windows 8
          I use Daemon Tools Pro Advanced Edition 5.2.0438 I think

Before I install Daemon Tools I tried to use the built in device to mount the game but nothing happen
          When trying to eject CD DRIVE F it says error

after that I install Daemon Tools and mount the game again
          When trying to eject still nothing happen no error anything

Thanks in advanced

Comment

Hello,
            We would really appreciate if you reply us with detailed information, regarding your problem.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Ahmm what informations do I need to post???

Thanks

Comment

Hello,
                Write exact text of the error message. Make some screenshots which will help us to understand the problem.
                What kind of disc you try to mount?
                Is the problem reproducible with any types of images (ISO, MDS/MDF, NRG, CUE/BIN, etc.) or with specific image types only?
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X