• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Daemon tools from registry for new install

Operating System: XP Pro 2600 build SP1
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120 1.4.6.711 uninstalled
    Anti-virus Software: Mcafee 8.0 pro
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I've read the common problems & solutions page and can't resolve my problem? I installed daemon tools 3.46 and after I rebooted I couldn't launch Daemon & got the error "No language support detected" I tried to unistall daemon but it doesn't show up in the add/remove window? So I tried to remove it from the registry following the "Error 25002, or how to remove Daemon drivers" no such luck. I try to reinstall daemon tools & get

Message: Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with file or service in system. Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names.

I think this is is because I did use a reg cleaner from ace & because I didn't know I had an alcohol virtual drive mounted at the time of install of daemon tools? I've since uninstalled alcohol & tried to clear the registry but I still can't get daemon to reinstall?

Any help on what I should do would be great!

Thanks![/img]

Did you follow all mentioned steps? You've to remove drivers and reboot!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Did you follow all mentioned steps? You've to remove drivers and reboot!
      Sure did ...... it came back on next reboot? I just now installed alcohol again and the old virtual drive is still there while I mounted a new virtual drive? I'll give it another shot.

Man you guys are quick!!!

Comment

Ok igot the old virtual drive of alcohol removed. I don't know why it remounted last time?

I guess I'll just stick with the alcohol VD ... I only wanted to switch to Daemon because the alchol VD was taking so long to mount some of my game images?

I think I have everything set up for a remote assitance ... you're more than welcome to look around & see what I'm talking about?

Thanks for getting back to me!!

Comment

If you've problems with Alcohol check their forum.

Comment

Can you run Daemon VD with Alcohol VD?

Comment

Sure - I do it all the time :mrgreen:

Comment

How do you know which DAEMON tool drivers to remove from the ~\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder?

Are they d346bus & d346prt

Comment

I'm pretty sure those are the driver files ..... there was no mention that a person would also need to delete the registry for these as well? That has been what's preventing me from reinstalling Daemons?
                  I'm pretty sure Daemon will reinstall now.

Comment

It's clearly mentioned in thread about error 25002 (point 4). That's why I asked if you've followed all steps.
                    Default driver names are d346bus.sys and d346prt.sys, but users can change them to (almost) anything they want.

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Pro {5.01.2600 SP2}
                      Burning Software: Nero 6 Ultra 6.3.1.20
                      Anti-virus Software: PC Cillin 2004 7.100/2.170.00
                      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I get the "No language support detected" yet I have never used a register cleaner. I install Daemon I restart and it is like it has never been installed no data in the "add/remove" control, all I got is a extra drive I can't use. the only way I can use daemon is to install it every time I start my comp using diff ports and not restarting my comp after installation.

Comment

Working...
                      X