• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe mode option doesn't always work

Operating System: Windows XP Professional + SP1
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: ClamAV, ClamWin
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I'm aware that in the last version a feature was added so that when you chose to start up in safe mode you'd get the option to not load the daemon tools .sys file in case for some reason daemon tools was preventing your computer from booting. When this is done by holding down control or F8 during startup and then picking safe mode from the menu that appears, it works great.

But if your machine doesn't boot, you reboot, and you get the message from windows asking how you would like to start windows because last time starting windows failed, and you select safe mode from there, you do not get the option to not load daemon tools. Thus I am stuck in a loop and will probably have to do a reinstall windows

I'd use the recovery console to try and delete dt346.sys but my copy of XP is wanky and immediately goes to install mode.

This whole problem happened because I told daemon tools to mount an image .bin that was corrupted (I had accidentally deleted it and used an undelete app to get it back -- I'm assuming that it became corrupted). Explorer froze so I rebooted. Perhaps daemon tools should check for corrupt images? Before mounting with daemon tools I tried alcohol, which although not working (computer froze trying to access virtual drive) I was still able to boot. Then I uninstalled and tried daemon tools and now I'm stuck :/
Working...
X