Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unable to add adapter" when trying to install a new SCSI drive

Hello all,

As per title, I keep running into the above stated problem as I try to install a new SCSI drive. I have uninstalled SPTD and Daemon tools multiple times as well as remove the registry for SPTD and reinstall (as per the guide provided), but to no avail. I am using NIS (latest version) as my anti virus and a HP DV6 laptop, together with the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite and SPTD. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
    the official support team with reference to this thread.

Just tested NIS and DAEMON Tools lite (with SPTD) in a VM - no issues.
    But this isn't neccessarily true for other systems/OS.

Have you already cross-checked if it's a security software conflict by temporarily uninstalling NIS ?

Also please open the System Configuration Utility (msconfig.exe).
    Go to 'Services' and check 'Hide all Microsoft services'.
    Choose to 'Disable all' and restart your system.
    Any improvement with SCSI devices ?

Another possible cause is a filter driver conflict:
    Please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
    Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
    Which filters are installed on your system ?
    Additionally, please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).

btw. can you successfully create DT drives ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hello Terramex , I am having the same issues. I never had problems with Daemon Tools. I recently reinstalled my Windows 7 X 64 on my Mac Pro and installed DTLite4471-0335. My MCE Technologies Blue Ray DVD (HL-DT-ST-BD-RE WH12LS30 ATA) drive shows no upper nor lower filters using the devfilter.exe. I have updated all my Windows Drivers. I followed this procedure twice except going into the BIOS since I cannot on a 2008 MacPro (3,1) Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Basicallt I cannot add a SCSI drive (error message UNABLE TO ADD ADAPTER) only I DT drive. How do access a Autoruns ARN file so I can upload it to you?

Comment

Hello,

In this case, please contact the official support team (support-eml@disc-soft.com) with "C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log" file from your system.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ripper88 View Post
          How do access a Autoruns ARN file so I can upload it to you?
          Just run it and wait until the Scanning is finished.
          Then select File->Save... in the menu bar.

Best starting point though is the setupapi.dev.log.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I was having the same problem and noticed that I saw an unknown device appear for a split second in the device manager. I eventually got into the properties to see it was a code 52 complaining about unverified drivers. I rebooted, pressing F8 and chose the option to disable requiring signed drivers and I successfully added AW8BVGJNIDE Controller to the device manager and have a working SCSI drive in Daemon Tools.

I have Win7 Pro x64 and my MoBo is still EVGA 680i SLI (in case people were thinking it was an ACPI BIOS issue with their computer)

Comment

Originally Posted by CapinWinky View Post
              I was having the same problem and noticed that I saw an unknown device appear for a split second in the device manager. I eventually got into the properties to see it was a code 52 complaining about unverified drivers. I rebooted, pressing F8 and chose the option to disable requiring signed drivers and I successfully added AW8BVGJNIDE Controller to the device manager and have a working SCSI drive in Daemon Tools.
              I had the same problem and your solution solved it for me. Thanks!

Comment

Just arrived here finding the same problem as mine.

Originally Posted by CapinWinky View Post
                When I tried to Add SCSI Driver in Daemon Tools Lite (V4.47.1.0335), just before "Unable to add adaptor." appears, on the "Devices and Printers" Panel by Win7 control panel, "AT0ASB5N IDE Controller" appears; at the same time, on the "Device Manager", an "Unknown Device" appears as well.

As of the fact that such phenomenon disappears at a glimpse, I CAN'T even get to know the errors Win7 has identified... Not even acknowledged with the Code No. 52 (CapinWinky) thing. I've also re-installed both DT Lite and SPTD with the latest version: deleting registry node "\hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\serv ices\sptd", installing SPTD before DTLite; yet that D*mn BUG still persists...... So please just give further guidance if you hold the solution! Very much appreciating with that!

My little system info:
                Computer type from Device Manager: ACPI x64-based PC
                DT Lite Version: 4.47.1.0335
                SPTD Version: 1.83
                Current security software: avast! 8.0.1489
                Other software installed: VMWare Workstation 9.0.2

Comment

Working...
                X