Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device Failed

Hi,
    I've seen a similar post somewhere, however, nothing works for me so far.
    I have installed Daemon Tools Lite 4.47.1.0335 but when I try to add new virtual device this message shows: DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device Failed
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	194222
    (if I open daemon tools, right click on .iso file the mount option is gray and cannot be clicked)
    I have tried to update the device software (setting manually the driver software location to C:\Windows\inf) but then I get this message:
    (the virtual device is under "other devices" on the left as my laptop doesn't have disk drive)

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	194223

I have tried the Microsoft fix-it but it doesn't detect any problems, I have also tried deleting the upper and lower case registers and then installing it again but the registers simply does not exist so there was nothing for me to delete
    I also found this as solution : Rename "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\INFCACHE.1" file and reboot your system; but I cannot do it since I need administrator permission and it does not allow me to delete it even thought I am the administrator and the only user on the laptop
    I have also went through everything on here but still nothing: No virtual drive in My Computer | DAEMON Pro Help

Do you have any other suggestions I would really appreciate any help!
    (ps I am using windows 7, 64 bit)

Hi, and welcome!

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
    the official support team with reference to this thread.

Please attach or share your zipped setupapi.dev.log file from C:\Windows\inf.

Does your real optical drive function properly ?

Regarding INFCACHE.1, you can try the tool Unlocker:
    Don't use Quick but Advanced installation and uncheck everything related to Delta toolbar or the like !
    Last edited by Terramex; 12.07.2013, 13:27.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer, everything else works fine with no problem and as I said originally my laptop doesn't have normal hard disk drive
      I am also attaching the setupapi.dev.log file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4swpwpz9tp...tupapi.dev.zip

Comment

also from this page No virtual drive in My Computer | DAEMON Pro Help , when I do this step :

If that still doesn't work, check in device manager the DVD drive for installed drivers (right click on the invalid drive, select Properties, go the the Driver tab and press Driver Details button) - there has to be the following drivers installed:

cdrom.sys
        storprop.dll
        redbook.sys

I get this message:

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	193529

Comment

The list in that help section is a bit inaccurate.
          Since Windows NT 6.0 it's only cdrom.sys in Driver Details.

Is the cdrom.sys present in C:\Windows\System32\drivers ?
          Last edited by Terramex; 12.07.2013, 21:19.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

ah ok, yes it is in the folder

Comment

Working...
            X